PDA

View Full Version : suddenly multi aggro has gotten harder...

Gearfighter
10-25-2009, 04:33 AM
First off...my armory:
WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Kel'Thuzad&name=ilumanchaos)

all i really need to know is how come my group pulls has become a challange to deal with. with dps pulling mobs off me, or nearly.

My rotation is:
DnD, HB (with glph so the get IT), BB, then wait fo CD's and just going in between HB and BBx2.

now im getting to the stage where im getting ready to raid higher raids and i am in the proccess of gemming more stam.

now what i need to know is, what glphs i should change, and why, and what rotation is better to use and why (if it has to do with some glphs tell why plz)

also check my dodge and parry and tell me if i have enough or not enough and what i should be doing

thanks in advance

Eoika
10-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Check Satorri's post here (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/57189-3-2-state-death-knight-current-specs-styles.html). You can probably check you rotation against what Satorri suggests. It doesn't cover glyphs but it covers some common specs and rotation styles.

Also is your DPS outgearing you? Is it single target or AOE? Are they all attacking a single target or are they attacking randomly? Just trying to clarify some stuff.

Kurtosis
10-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Biggest problem I see right off the bat is no Bladed Armor. You probably have 25k armor in Frost Presence, or close to that, so BA would increase your AP by almost 700. Your current AP is 2210, so that's a ~31% AP increase for 5 talent points. Since AP buffs everything - autoattacks, strikes, spells, even diseases - that's the #1 thing you can do increase both your AoE and single target threat.

I've tanked Frost for a long time, and find this 15/51/5 build (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EGZhxx0AbIof0buzAo0x:Taw0Mm) to be optimal. W/ BA buffing HB, BB, and DnD, you don't need Morbidity for a reduced cd on DnD. You don't need more than 100 RP from Runic Power Mastery either, since you should be spamming Rune Strike and Frost Strike constantly and should never hit the 100 RP cap. This build makes sure you have plenty of RP regen for that. And w/ Glyphed HB you don't need Epidemic either (disease cd is 15s, HB cd is 8s, or less w/ Rime).

Gearfighter
10-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Check Satorri's post here (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/57189-3-2-state-death-knight-current-specs-styles.html). You can probably check you rotation against what Satorri suggests. It doesn't cover glyphs but it covers some common specs and rotation styles.

Also is your DPS outgearing you? Is it single target or AOE? Are they all attacking a single target or are they attacking randomly? Just trying to clarify some stuff.

i am pulling groups, attacking randomly and we are same geared

Xzanthos
10-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Your rotation is fine (although I open with Howling Blast), it's the random attacking that's causing an issue. Now my gear isn't great, but it's not terrible, and a decently geared dps will pull off me if he's not attacking my target due to no rune strikes on that target.

Throw a skull on the initial target, make sure your dps attack the skull first since that's where your rune strikes should be aimed. By time the skull is dead you should have done enough AE aggro so where it doesn't matter what they attack next (I'll usually assist one of the DPS if I see they're not assisting me, so at least myself and one other person are on the same target). If they're outgearing you, or if the dps of the group is really high and the first target is dying extremely fast, mark the second one with an X (or whatever second target is standard on your server) and have them attack that one next. You can preemeptively switch to the second target before the first one dies and make sure you get at least one Rune strike on it, after that there shouldn't be any aggro problems.

Make sure you use Killing Machine procs on Howling Blast, I'll usually save my Killing Machine if the last mob is almost dead so my opening Howling Blast on the next pack crits. I use Power Auras to track Killing Machine (among other things) Power Auras Classic - Addons - Curse (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/powerauras-classic.aspx) I find it really useful.

Kurtosis is right, Bladed Armor is pretty important. I have a point in Epidemic because I copied a spec a while back, but I plan on moving it to Scent of blood next time I go to respec.

Hope that helps

ghromorth
10-26-2009, 06:34 AM
I agree with xzanthos, your rotation is fine, sometimes AOE statrs even b4 the HB and geared DPS sometimes like to apper in the top of recount so they do as much damage as soon as they can so that's probably why you loose aggro. what I'm going to type its not the best solution, but tell em to let u get some aggro b4 starting the aoe.

NOTE: the following sentence its not the best advice to follow: If you are really worried about AOE aggro, you can always get deathchill and fill the points of anihilation. (that means you'll have to drop 2h specialization).