PDA

View Full Version : Tank Low on HP

Majora94
10-23-2009, 08:13 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Echo+Isles&n=Melgane)

There's my armory. For some reason my second ring isn't showing up for me, but it's the Ring of Ghoulish Glee from Headless Horseman.

Anyway, like the title says, I'm really low on HP. When I'm in frost presence unbuffed I can barely hit 24k. I tried doing H ToC and couldn't survive for more than 10 seconds. I've tried pretty much everything I could think of to boost it up without going under 540 defense, is there anything else I can do? Or perhaps I'm tanking with the wrong style? I popped Vampiric Blood and Frostbound Fortitude as soon as they were available and it still did little to help me.

Xzanthos
10-23-2009, 09:42 PM
I was in the same situation when I first leveled my DK, I leveled him with the intent on tanking, but it's hard without gear. A few things though; You have the wrong leg armor, you want the sta/agi one. Do you have gold to purchase the blacksmithed boots and helm, the titansteel ones, they're not extremely expensive, 350 - 400g on my server.

Unfortunately you're not going to be able to tank H ToC with your gear, but you can form your own groups and and roll on the stuff for offspec. Talk to the tank before hand and see what he needs, that's what I did.

Have you tanked other heroics? If you've tanked those you can tank normal ToC which has a few nice tank drops.

Martie
10-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Get some real professions.
You only have skinning, which means you have one profession that does nothing for your tanking, and one empty.
If you are rich, you should drop skinning and powerlevel two crafting professions.
If you aren't rich, you should pick up mining and level it to max. Sell all the ores you get from it and use the proceeds to buy yourself gear. Then, go mine some more and use those ores to pick up a crafting profession.

Get some tanking trinkets - there are plenty available with a good amount of stamina on it.

Get a helm with a meta socket, it gives you a ton of armor.

Make sure you know the tactics of a fight - you are not strong enough to brute force things, so treat it with care. If your dps whines about you being carefull, tell them to get bent.

Esch
10-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Your gear is heavily DPS/defense biased, meaning you lack hit, expertise and innate stamina (ie, stamina from gear rather than enchants/gems). It definitely looks like you ran DPS and just flipped to tank. That implies that you're starting to gear to tank now, when you could have been collecting quest items at 75. Going to make it hard to upgrade fast, unfortunately.

I would focus on DPS roles for the short term and acquire more badges. You can easily bump your health with single upgrades, plus focus on gear with hit/expertise to help you reach those ideal levels (8% hit, 26 expertise skill). Further more, you can pick up drops if the group tank passes, which may save you time/effort, and badges allow you to pick/choose 'the best' upgrades.

I wrote this guide (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/46453-getting-540-defense-quest-rep-craft-items.html) in March, but it is focused on quest/crafted gear, but you may find a few worthwhile upgrades you can 'solo' to get.