PDA

View Full Version : T9 or not?

Droflen
10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Armory link (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=droflen)

Ok, my question is : Should i buy T9? Wich parts?

My opinion: It 'sucks' at stamina, so i better buy the PvP gear with it(= more stamina , almost same agility , and resi (not that i need it) instead of hit)
But some people says that agi is more important then stamina.

Bear stats (unbuffed):
39,9k HP(3234 stamina)
36,78% dodge(940 agi and 157 dodge rating
27612 armor
4951 AP

Any tips for improving my gear are welcome!

tnx anyway,

Droflen

Bludzooka
10-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Well off topic but you might try making an adjustment to your spec. Taking the three points out of intensity and putting one of them in Omen of Clarity and the other two in Primal Precision in the feral tree. Omen of Clarity I think you'll really enjoy and Primal Precision is free expertise.
Sorry for the unsought advice but I think you'll find the changes a plus

felhoof
10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Ugh. You don't have primal precision but you do have intensity. That's horrible.

On tier pieces - are you talking the 232 pieces (conqueror) or the 245 (triumph)? If the former, the answer is: don't replace anything you have. Nothing's that valuable. Spend the triumph badges on the off-tier helm: Hood of Lethal Intent - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47689)

On your gear in general - it's kind of a mess in a lot of places. Your cloak isn't enchanted. Your chest is enchanted incorrectly (either +18 stamina or +10 all stats are better for bears than 275 health). Your weapon has nothing on it. You've got rare gems and subpar enchants all over the place. And your polar boot gemming makes me want to cry. If you can, get the Death-Warmed belt and Footpads of silence made; they cost runed orbs, and those can be bought via emblems of conquest. Please level up leatherworking soon too.

On your spec: drop shredding attacks for primal precision. Drop intensity for anything. Drop 2 points from furor and put them into improved mark of the wild, which gives you 2% more stats. Consider taking feral aggression, or taking master shapeshifter.

Bovinity
10-23-2009, 02:00 PM
PvP gear is pretty stellar from a pure EH standpoint, but you may find yourself seriously behind on threat. It has a definite lack of good amounts of good threat stats. You have the right idea, and a lot of stamina for the content it looks like you're doing judging by your achievements, but you're REALLY low on hit, expertise, and other offensive stats.

For example, I'd probably still be using my Origin of Nightmares if I could, but I just can't get away with it anymore from a threat standpoint anymore.

The T9 4pc bonus isn't entirely terrible, either. 48 sec CD on Barkskin sounds pretty OK to me!

Liquidska
10-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Intensity? That was a crap talent before the change to enrage, but it at least made a shred of sense. Now it's just a total and utter waste of points. Get primal percsion, then either KotJ or OoC. 3/5 Furor as well and grab iMotW. That's a 2% stats that you didnt have before. Easily the best thing you can do with your talents.]

But for your question, T9 for bears is.... 'aight. Just 'aight. Nothing special, I have the 2 peice but consider it an incidently bonus of my gear as opposed to a great boon. Extra 5% for lacerate is nice, it's not much but its okay, but the good stuff that you would have to sacrfise for the 4 piece? I just don't think its worth it.

Looking at your stuff, I think that perhaps getting the t9 legs is not a bad idea, partly just 'cause you should have epic gems / enchant and you might as well get it now. Northrend Beasts 25 man drop ones that are "better" (It's kinda up to debate but what I choose to use)

If not you are crazy low on expertise, the t9 helm for that alone would not be a terrible idea.

Droflen
10-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Tnx for all the replies!

Is this a better talent tree? (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZxGGscrzceRcczAkbE0z)
tnx anyway,

Droflen

Bovinity
10-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Much better. =)

You can remove 2 from Furor (Plan on shifting for rage any time soon? :D) and get some points into Feral Aggression, and maybe take the 3 out of Improved Mangle to fill FA out. But I'm a big fan of FA, if you have someone else in your raids filling the AP debuff role, it might not be that important to you.

You still have to get those enchants going. Mongoose is pretty darn tremendous for a bear, really have to get that on your weapon.

As for the original question, I'd still look at the T9 helm, even if it's just the 232 one. it's one of the better pieces out there and I can't think of any tanking helms that'll drop for you in ToC. The Mask of Lethal Intent is really better, but I prefer the stat allocation on the T9 helm myself, and I still like the 4pc bonus.