PDA

View Full Version : AMZ and heroic Anub'arak

Stickman52
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi I just had a little question regarding the fight with Anub in heroic 10man. My guild gets to him rather easily, in 2-3 attempts but we still have yet to down him. I was just thinking about any little thing we could possibly help during phase 3.
I know anti magic shell helps with his life steal for a tick or two. I'm wondering since we have an unholy DK dps if he went and got the anti magic zone talent would that protect the raid for a tick or two as well? If so that might help some. I know it doesn't sound like much and probably won't make the difference between downing him or not but I do think every little would help.

Bashal
10-23-2009, 12:20 PM
It sounds like you feel the issue is that Anub is getting healed too much in P3.

Are the healers keeping folks at fairly low health, or are they trying to keep everyone topped off? If the latter, the DoT Anub does, does more damage to people at high health, and therefore heals him for more.

Stickman52
10-23-2009, 12:26 PM
They're keeping MT and myself at 100% and the rest of the raid at about 50%, which I think is what is supposed to be done?
Also another question I'd like to know is how do you go about the adds on phase 3? Because as I've seen they keep spawning. Am I supposed to be tanking 4 adds while they focus on anub or are the adds supposed to be killed as well as anub, which seems unlikely to be able to be done I think.

Bashal
10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Tanks at full, but the raid should be kept a little lower than 50%; 30% is probably better.

The adds are supposed to be killed just like they were in P1.

Stickman52
10-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Okay, thanks a lot for the help.

Satorri
10-24-2009, 05:23 AM
To answer your original question though, if the healers are keeping everyone in the raid at 30%-ish health, AMZ would soak a pretty good amount of the damage being done.

The total absorbed caps at 10k plus double the DK's AP. If he's a dps DK and won't lose too much to get it, the bubble could absorb a few ticks on several people, or 10 sec worth of ticks on a strategic group, like say the healers to help ensure their safety.

The choice that it comes down to though is how much dps he'll lose to do so, as killing faster narrows the window of danger.

The adds should be dead quickly, yeah? So only the MT should need to be topped off?