PDA

View Full Version : HH capture problem ( warlock )

jprich
10-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Ive been tanking the Headless Horseman since it started this year. Havent had any problems until yesterday.

I right click him when he bursts out of the grave, then heroic throw and charge/intercept when he starts his run. He turns or stops on me and Ive got him the rest of the fight.

Yesterday, regardless of what I did he would bypass me and make for the warlock every time ( regardless of charge/intercept ). I would reacquire him and be fine but it mad me look like I had no idea what I was doing. I even tried Challenging Shout but he still rode past, smacked the warlock once, and then turned.

The warlock was well geared but that shouldnt make any difference. What did he (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draka&n=Borox) have going for him or do I (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draka&n=Nyorai) suck more than I thought?

Synapse
10-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Zealous Warlocks do have this tendency to crit their pants. Initial aggro can be very bothersome. Did you slap vigilance on him?

Kuraf
10-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Quick question... what's with the leather headpiece?

As Synapse mentioned the crit spree from destro locks can be pretty troublesome to hold up... it's usually a good target to get vigilance on. And then there's also the situation in which he doesn't give you time to get initial aggro. Personally once I charge, i always open with shield slam making a nice pushup in aggro. Another possibility i sometimes use while opening bosses is Heroic Throw -> Charge -> Shield Slam...

Even still, vigilance is usually the key (imho) to keep up with destro locks...

jprich
10-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Ha! I like the way the eyepatch looks on her. I swap the patch out for the tempered titansteel helm when doing "serious" stuff.

And yes, I put Vigilance on him after the first time. Nothing doing. No matter who summoned the HH, he rode straight for the warlock. I was dumbstruck.

Before we summoned the first time I told them to let me put a couple devastates on him before they cut loose. Everyone complied so Im lost as to what happened.

Synapse
10-23-2009, 06:54 AM
did he really comply? The HH's delay on retargetting from summon is not even a second, and it wouldn't always be to the lock. I'd have to see it to tell what happened, but i don't see an alternative more likely than "Your warlock needs ritalin"

jprich
10-23-2009, 08:12 AM
"Your warlock needs ritalin"

Funny you should mention that...he was hoping and running around the whole time. Never saw him do any attacks until I was on him. But I know nothing about warlocks so....

Eek
10-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Each day on HH I only would do a Heroic throw once he was attackable, and hed come RIGHT to me, the DPS didnt wait or anything. As he would come to me I would TC and SS.. You do pop bloodrage right?

jprich
10-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Each day on HH I only would do a Heroic throw once he was attackable.

That was my plan to try today. Glad to know it works. Thanks folks! :)

Bashal
10-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah, it sounds like the lock is jumping in too early.

The quick fix for a warlock that doesn't manage threat:

Let the lock die, then go back to tanking. Problem solved. ;)

But, it's just HH, and everyone has a tendency to screw around.

Griff
10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Griff pro tip: Let him die if it keeps happening.

jprich
10-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh he died. And it had to be him. Got another destro warlock today. Had no problems.

Heroic throw did the trick. Still no mount though. :(

Fledern
10-23-2009, 10:52 PM
We have this warlock alt that i never seem to be able to get aggro over. I talked to him about it, it seems he chains up all his major stuff before i've even reached the boss so his initial threat is so high for the few seconds that as soon as taunt wears off i lose aggro.

I solved it by the tried & true method of letting the warlock die :) He didnt complain as his main is a tank too :)