PDA

View Full Version : Glyphs Confront

Giacobbe_KT
10-23-2009, 04:09 AM
Hi all,
i am quite new as postwriter on the forum and I hope this is the right place where to put it.

Btw I'd like to know your impressions on which could be the best Glyphs mix for Warriors.
Atm I use a Blocking/Devastate/Vigilance mix and I work well with this setup as a "Threat Combo", however many times I liked to know the real benefit from an Survavibility one maybe as Dual Spec.

In that case what would you use with Shield Wall/Last Stand Glyphs as the third?? Devastate or Blocking??
I think Blocking is best as a more balanced threat and mitigation glyph but the Devastate glyph works really good.
And honestly i am a bit confused on the best choice.

Thanks

Daishan12
10-23-2009, 05:19 AM
I find it useful to carry a couple of stacks of glyphs with me as it's a really nice way to tune your warrior to an encounter. For example, when I got totc totgc (wipefest for me atm!) I'll use taunt/devastate/blocking for the first 3 encounters 3 encounters (as an OT on the infernals for Lord J) and then switch to vigi/SW/blocking for the twins and finish with taunt/cleaving/blocking for add tanking on anub.

Generally speaking blocking is pretty much a must have glyph imo, unless ofc theres a magic heavy fight when it's not quite as good.

My "favourite" set up though is blocking/vigi/last stand as it gives you so much threat if you chuck vigi on a lock AND last stand is my favourite CD for saving my ass!
The thing about glyphs is you can tailor them to your playstyle and the encounter, experiment and find what works for you.

drae
10-23-2009, 06:15 AM
I disagree; I think Blocking has become lackluster with the scale of damage we take now. 10% extra SBV is like.. 165 damage mitigation on a standard block, the highest I could see it at is ~600 with a Critical Block with Shield Block up. As for it's increase in TPS for shield slam, well vigilance and devastate offer a greater TPS increase. The only time I use blocking is for anub adds and like naxx. Blocking does increase both offensive and defensive stats, which makes it nicely rounded. Kind of a Jack of all trades, master of none scenario.

But ya I swap my glyphs heavily based on the encounter.