PDA

View Full Version : Parry Swing timer for Raid Bosses

Sennex
10-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Reading up on the Parry formula, I came across this note on WoWwiki.

NOTE: When a mob parries an attack, its swing timer also advances in the same manner. This does not apply to certain Raid bosses for which parry-haste functionality has been explicitly turned off by the game designers, e.g. Brutallus.

Is it posted anywhere specifically what bosses this has been turned off for?

Satorri
10-22-2009, 07:37 AM
There are only tests saying that some are, and Blizz has actually specifically mentioned others.

The only current ones I'm aware of for sure are Patchwerk, Thaddius, and Ignis. Though there are others I'm sure.

Heladys
10-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Didn't they recently make it clear that Gormok had parry-hasting disabled?

Bashal
10-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Didn't they recently make it clear that Gormok had parry-hasting disabled?

As I recall, they hotfixed a "bug" where Gormok's parry haste was accidentally left on. So he did have parry haste, but no longer.

Pylae
10-22-2009, 08:46 AM
/agree with Gormok

Anyone know if it's active on either Koralon or Kologarn?

Sennex
10-22-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't "think" its enabled on either, as I haven't noticed it, but could very well be wrong, I haven't tanked it allot on my warrior, and never actually tanked it on my DK. Although tomorrow that might change (God I hope!)

Satorri
10-22-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm fairly certain (as you cannot get behind him) that Kologarn does not parry haste, but I've never actually parsed logs to be sure.

Koralon I wouldn't assume though.

GravityDK
10-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Vezax doesn't parry-haste either. Splug worked it out once.

Satorri
10-23-2009, 06:34 AM
I didn't think we had ironed that out reliably enough to be confident.

Bashal
10-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Vezax doesn't parry-haste either. Splug worked it out once.

I didn't think we had ironed that out reliably enough to be confident.

Yeah, it appeared to be that parry haste was turned off, but it wasn't definitive. Although it would be reasonable if it was the case, as Vez is a hard-hitting boss and parry haste can RNG any tank into oblivion in that kind of encounter.