PDA

View Full Version : Protection Warrior starting out small need advises

Eriel
10-22-2009, 04:16 AM
Hi all,

i'm starting to pick up on protection, and of course i just plain love it.

Now my problem is that no matter what i get i always get low HP...

can anyone advise me, on where should i gear up? i've been doing some HC's lately, but my main problem is knowing what proper enchants i should have and stones.

I wanted to know if i'm correctly enchanted, gemmed and if my talents are okay at the moment, or if i should change anything.

Thanks!

my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Gameiro)

Athenodorus
10-22-2009, 06:29 AM
What gear you pick depends heavily on what fight you're doing. If just running heroics, for instance, you can afford to drop down to 535 defense, since bosses are a level lower. You also generally want to give some thought to Block and trash control utility if running heroics, whereas vs. raid bosses those aren't a concern.

That said, I see you're gemming strength and parry, which are not really optimal in any setting. For a starter tank doing heroics and easy raids, here is what I suggest:

Red sockets: Expertise/Stamina
Yellow sockets: Defense/Stamina
Blue sockets: Pure Stamina
(Note that you DO NOT have to socket the same color; only worry about color if you need to activate your meta, or if the socket bonus is nice.)

Stick some enchants on all your gear, even if it's blue. You don't have to get top-end enchants; something inexpensive but decent.

As for your build, I'd move your 2/5 Cruelty to Deep Wounds: it'l be worth more aggro than +2% crit. Your minors are fine. Enraged Regen is not a great major -- I'd replace it with Blocking.

Finally, keep practicing! The gear you need will come as you play. Have fun with the role and experiment. Good luck!

Joowa
10-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Can you get your blacksmithing up enough to get the ability to socket your hands? If you get the better defense enchants on your gear (like the +20 to your chest you can take out one of those defense / stam gems and go with the +30 stam).

Griff
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
The other posters were correct about gemming, but you might just want to stack stam unless the socket bonus would provide a similar amount of stamina as a straight stam gem would.

My reasoning is thus: You need to run alot of heroics and stam will help you to A. Stay alive and B. Find groups - if your stam is too low, a lot of players (who don't know much about the game) will get all boohoo-qq about your (in their eyes) low health pool and look for another tank to drag them through the instance.