PDA

View Full Version : Gemmings Confusion [Fury warrior]

Kneez
10-21-2009, 02:55 PM
First off, id like to say how much help tank spot has been to me, my raid performance has sky rocketed since ive posted a couple of Halp threads.
I come back to u again because a fellow fury warrior in my guild has advised me to regem all my ArP gems to Str ones, this confused me because i remember reading on tankspot and various other forums that after 30% ArP from gear i shud gem into ArP, am i wrong in thinking this or is my fellow fury fanatic correct?
Armoury: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Kneez)
Dunno if my Armoury will show it, but ive recently accuired the Bloodbath Belt

MellvarTank
10-22-2009, 09:00 AM
I believe that Kaz usually recommends 45% passive ArP before you start to gem it (correct me if I'm wrong please Kaz). As far as I know, Strength is still tops for Fury.

Ion
10-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Arms vs fury...different stats, really. I believe, though I'm by no means an expert, that w/the ArP nerf, str has more value for fury as a red gem because of imp zerker stance.

It looks like you'd lose 18% arp by gemming out of it completely and pick up 252 strength (which would translate into about 605 attack power in zerker stance). Seems like a good trade for a fury warrior.

Kneez
10-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the input guys, im very tempted to switch back to Str gems, dunno if i could get some more opinions, dont wanna be regretting spending gold >.>

Fledern
10-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Eh, i havent been following the ArP stuff very well, but wasnt the idea behind ArP to reach 100% with grimtoll / mjolnir? Isnt that the reasoning behind the 45%ish arp being thrown about?

I dont play fury much but my fury friend lost some ArP in favor of str and his dps has skyrocketed. I'm a firm believer in max AP for fury. Any ArP that comes in on gear i'm fine with but i would never gem for it.

SixStringsXD
10-23-2009, 05:34 PM
To be honest after looking at your armory all you really need is Mjolnir Runestone from Thorim HM in 10 Ulduar. Everything else looks great aside from all the conquest items - I would recommend getting the 4piece and getting the offtier helm (to help with that armor pen since you have a bit of hit to spare - after a while you don't need extra hit because the rage from your hits will be go great you will get enough rage from that alone).

You are looking pretty good though I must say. Good luck!

Edit: 4 piece meaning get the hands in trade of the helm - and try to get the triumph versions of legs and hands from VoA, don't buy them and leave the other two as conquest otherwise it will be a waste of badges. And yes strength always wins over armor pen as fury.