PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with: DW DK OMGWTFUNOOBUSUCK

Pbz
10-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Since I'm tanking as a DK, I get many reactions about the DWing. Everybody is complaining that I'm a noob cos a 2h is better, but when I ask em if they have any problems regarding threat or my tanking (on a good day its 5k tps:)) they have nothing to complain about.

I've been trying to explain that there could be a future for dw-ing dks and its just a matter of looking different at things, but its no use. The most funny comment I got from another DK was: "on wowwiki they say DKs can only tank with 2h so l2p ur class or die in a pit" (I just repeat that for that whole hc-run nobody had any aggro/threat issues whatsoever, unless they ninja-pulled).

It's getting a bit tiresome and was wondering if anyone had come up with some funny answers on how to deal with the situation :D.

One of my favorites so far is: DW tank + ninja-costume = ftw = u'r jealous^^

Niian
10-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Put them on ignore?
If no one is dying, and no one is pulling threat then they have the right to shut the **** up. Check their DPS, if it's low start asking them "You should be worrying less about me doing my job and start doing yours".

Petninja
10-21-2009, 12:47 AM
This kind of crap gets spread around the WoW forums and MMO champ all the time. There's a pretty good chance that the dps that's telling you DW frost isn't viable probably doesn't play a DW frost tank (and they've never researched it either). If it's working and you like it why change it?

I dunno, tell them you did it just to spite them?

Tengenstein
10-21-2009, 01:07 AM
The only reason i dislike DW DK tanks is that they get to roll on my 1h tanking weapons. bastards.

and have eaiser AoE threat.

but yeah its totally viable. my 10man group co-tank is a dual wield frostie and he manages fine.

jaydee
10-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Whenever I want to just look a bit different, I bring out my 2x Ironforge Smasher with Rune of Swordbreaking on each, and swing away in my DW tanking spec. It's a breath of fresh air for me given that I always tank with 2handers. This will even get better in 3.3, with the new 1H rune similar to SSG.

What I do after they comment is, I get into the instance, pull like crazy and keep aggro, finish the instance, get the loot, and just before leaving the party say "noobs".

Happy ending :)

Venom Rush
10-21-2009, 04:22 AM
I got a surprising comment from someone I was running CoS with last night

"OMG, a DW DK Tank that can actually tank o.O"

Needless to say I was happy :)

ghromorth
10-21-2009, 05:54 AM
tell em to grow some balls and drop de 2h ;)

Zothor
10-21-2009, 06:52 AM
I just think you're crazy. As much as I love my big shieldslam numbers, if I could get my big 2hander crits while tanking I would be doing that IN A HEARTBEAT. This DW obsession is too weird for me :) Plus, you get mainspec rolls on a primary weapon for your offspec at the same time!

Pbz
10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I just think you're crazy. As much as I love my big shieldslam numbers, if I could get my big 2hander crits while tanking I would be doing that IN A HEARTBEAT. This DW obsession is too weird for me :) Plus, you get mainspec rolls on a primary weapon for your offspec at the same time!

But now we get to ninja rogueweapons :D!

Just joking ofc but ur point is exactly why we want to DW, at least I want to. U said that if u could u would drop ur shield; well a 2h is our shield (figure of speech) but we can actually drop it and go DW. DW-tanking for DKs is like 2h tanking for warriors only u cant. See the romance about DW?

Esch
10-21-2009, 12:57 PM
I got a surprising comment from someone I was running CoS with last night

"OMG, a DW DK Tank that can actually tank o.O"

Needless to say I was happy :)

I think this sums up the core issue. There are a lot of DKs trying to tank, and it's not as simple as grabbing RotSG on a 2h'er. I figure I'm 50/50 on PUG DK tanks (when I'm on my alts), between 'competent' and 'wtf?' regardless of 2h or DW set ups. Heck, just getting a group to recognize you're competent is often a challenge if you're not overgeared or carrying some major raiding guildtag, much less how you opt to tank.

Miagorme
10-21-2009, 01:13 PM
DW is fine for tanking heroics and easy raids. I highly recommend 2h for harder raids, having tried both 2h and DW. DW gets you gibbed.

Kurtosis
10-21-2009, 01:51 PM
I just think you're crazy. As much as I love my big shieldslam numbers, if I could get my big 2hander crits while tanking I would be doing that IN A HEARTBEAT.
The new 3.2 talent Threat of Thassarian (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=66192) solves that problem for DW DKs.

This DW obsession is too weird for me :) Plus, you get mainspec rolls on a primary weapon for your offspec at the same time!
DW DK tanks aren't using or rolling on dps 1Hers for tanking. The whole point of DW tanking is to replace the dps stats of a 2H weapon w/ the tank stats of 2x 1H tanking weapons. So no mainspec rolls for offspec dps weapons either.

Theotherone
10-21-2009, 02:08 PM
I think he means, we DK tanks get to roll ms on 2h that work on our ms and our os. However, what that doesn't take into account are the differnece in runes, frankly going back to the runeforge everytime I changed specs would be a hassle. Hence, Ironsoul for dps and Stormedge for tanking.

Kurtosis
10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Ah, got it.