PDA

View Full Version : Tanking talent spec help

Revohh
10-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi guys.

I don't know if you read my earlier post on gear to get a higher HP but i've got rid of alchemy to gain JC and the Solid dragon's eye (+51 stam) gems.

I'm now looking to improve my HP pool by changing talent spec and wondered what you guys thought of this?

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jbEroIhIob0rsoZ0gx0hZ0xhhz)

Any comments or improvements are appreciated...

Thanks

Revohh

ghromorth
10-20-2009, 04:13 PM
annihilation is a huge mistake, you are prolly going to use DS 99.9% of the times, butchery and bladed armor its not worth it, corpse explosion its not viable in raids ;) and the +str isn't that great in unholy tree. Try to use a spec like this:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0xGqIhIs00fssx0xZ0gh)

note: i checked your armory just to see your gear, u might wanna change the +10 to all stats to a red gem to give a minibump to your avoidance while you get better gear, and change the meta for the one that gives 37 stamina and 2% increased armor from items.

Revohh
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
tanks man...took some of your advice.

Decided to stay frost spec as blood would only give me an extra 700hp which i can get from a few better pieces of gear. Plus i find it easier to generate more aggro with frost :D

Kurtosis
10-22-2009, 02:14 PM
bladed armor its not worth it[/url]
No Bladed Armor? 5/5 BA usually gives tanks in Frost Presence anywhere from 15% - 25% increased AP, depending on your gear level. AP buffs autoattacks, special strikes, spells, and diseases - every single threat gen ability we have.

Your gear may be good enough you don't need it, but are you sure that advice works for every DK tank at every gear level?

ghromorth
10-24-2009, 01:40 PM
No Bladed Armor? 5/5 BA usually gives tanks in Frost Presence anywhere from 15% - 25% increased AP, depending on your gear level. AP buffs autoattacks, special strikes, spells, and diseases - every single threat gen ability we have.

Your gear may be good enough you don't need it, but are you sure that advice works for every DK tank at every gear level?

Ya terribly sry about that, bladed armor indeed its a good talent(even tho i feel doing the same aggro xD with the extra crit and +3% extra dmg).