PDA

View Full Version : Slightly Geared?

Rominoodle
10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
So, I know armory is down at this very moment but I just want to know approximately what my gear will let me into. Wow-heroes has me WAY out of date and says i should barely being doing Naxx 10, but here's what I've got (approximately of course). 30k unbuffed health, 551 defense, 22 or 23% dodge, 18% parry, 11% block, I believe 27 expertise and 297 hit rating. Where should I go to tank and also improve me gear? Once armory comes up, are there any recommended gemming or enchannts. I've only been 80 for about a week so I'm not expecting to be able to tank anything insanely tough, I'm just curious as to what level I should be at.

Zothor
10-20-2009, 12:21 PM
The primary question shouldn't be "what can I tank", it should be "where do I need to go to get upgrades."

The following pieces are easy to get and are at least decently acceptable for going into TOC-10, which is really not a very hard instance to tank.

T8.5 Chest and Helm from Badges
Indestructible Girdle and Spiked Deathdealers from crafting with Runed Orbs
All the conquest badge pieces - literally, if any of these are an upgrade still, go get them.
Peacekeeper Blade and the Shoulders from Heroic TOC, along with The Black Heart from regular TOC.
At the VERY least, 213 BoE Valor badge bracers.

And of course, the Triumph badge ring and shoulders. You should be running heroic dailies as much as you can for these badges.

That's just off the top of my head, but it covers quite a few slots. If you're not missing any of those pieces, I'd try and find a guild to join that's going into TOC 10 with groups, maybe their alts if they're a better geared guild than you are. TOC 10 runs still regularly use two tanks and it's friendly to tanks with lower health than they might like.