PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with threat

Holynite
10-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Hello everyone, I am the main tank for our guilds raids we run 25 man normal toc, heroic 10 man toc, 25 ulduar, and 10 ulduar hardmodes. And every since the nerf to our threat I have been having some trouble. I am useing the 969 rotation, but its not set up to a macro so i just use keybinds for it. I am under the hit cap, and wondering if that could be the problem, or am i missing something else? or messing up something?

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=bloodhoof&name=holynite)

armory was down, so ill post the wow-heroes link

Bashal
10-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Not sure how large a difference this would make, but you could go for the +200 STR libram instead of the dodge.

Zothor
10-20-2009, 12:29 PM
There is no reasonable reason that at your gear level in 0/53/18 spec you should be having threat problems - you ARE tanking with Seal of Vengeance, right? Can't see your glyphs on wow-heroes but at least one of them should be Glyph of SoV. The only potential issue I can see is that you haven't upgraded your weapon since Naxx - Titanguard not dropping for you? You need to start pounding 10 man ToC and both Onyxias to maximize your chance of upgrading that. If you're having threat and not survival/defense minimum issues, the other possibility is to get at 2.5-2.6 speed 1handed DPS weapon - the threat on those is significantly higher, especially if you can finally get your hand on a 232 or 245 weapon.

If, after getting a decent weapon upgrade you still can't hold aggro, I'd check if your DPSers are properly specced into threat reduction (mages and warlocks are notoriously selfish about this in my experience), and if there are gaps in your rotation. A proper 969 literally has no holes in it. You should never be waiting for more than the GCD, and your GCD should always be spinning - if you are, you did something wrong.

Holynite
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I am useing shiver from hodir hardmode. im going to have to do some more research into 969 to make sure mine is perfect. I dont lag so im not missing anything there. Are you useing keybinds or macros for the rotation?

Niian
10-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Hit cap shouldn't matter. I'm at 164 hit (a lot more than I used to run with) and have no issues.

Is it starting threat or overall? I've noticed warlocks and hunters are generally the two most threat happy classes around at the moment, but they both have threat reduction moves that they should be using. You could also get hunters/rogues to MD/tricks you to give you an added boost.
Since the threat nerf I've noticed other classes closer on threat but nothing drastically overtaking me.

What's your average TPS? How do you do your 969? etc