PDA

View Full Version : Gear Check: ToGC25

Wineblack
10-20-2009, 07:09 AM
I just wanted to know what other people thought of my "setup" for ToGC25. I've already attempted it a dozen times with my guild. We've so far made it up to Icehowl once on beasts. We have had a little problem with the transition from Gormok to Worms but we've been getting it down slowly. My real question.. Is it common for Gormok to 2 shot people with a melee swing coupled with a Impale tick?

I've noticed my Ardent Defender going off at times. Especially when I think I'm safe. It has me wonder what I should do to try and work around that. Granted I know he hits like a truck. I'm only taking about 3 Impale stacks. I don't try and use my shield wall. I save my Divine Shield for after we kill him for a smooth transition to the Worms.

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Exodar&name=wineblack)

Bashal
10-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Stam stacking? Yup.
Decent gear? Yup.

It sounds to me like you're doing everything right -- but you say you are taking 3 impales, which makes it sound like you are only using 2 tanks. That's doable (obviously) but a 3rd tank in the taunt rotation should ensure you only take 2 ticks.

That's the only suggestion I have.

Wineblack
10-20-2009, 07:26 AM
For the most part we have been using only 2 tanks. We did use 3 tanks in the rotation. But the third tank has sick dps. So it is a trade off of sorts for us.

Bashal
10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Do you use indestructible potions?

If not, both tanks chug one before entering combat, then a second as it expires 2 minutes later. The extra 3.5k armor makes a difference, and supposedly (according to wowwiki) the armor mitigates the impale damage.

Wineblack
10-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Oh yeah, I eat those things for breakfest, lunch, and dinner.

Bashal
10-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Lol.

Last thing I can think of: do your healers have any external CDs they could be using on you?

Wineblack
10-20-2009, 08:01 AM
I occasionally get Guardian Spirit. I should suggest using sacrifice on me come to think of it.

Zothor
10-20-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm in practically full 245 and they still tear through me sometimes. The impale hurts like a BITCH. The one thing I'd be wary of is why are you wearing the 232 Tier? Have you not had the offset 245 legs (Feverish Dedication for alliance... who knows for horde) drop, along with any chance to grab a trophy and upgrade your gloves?

Wearing lower ilvls, which gives up stamina and armor, the 2 most important stats for surviving Gormok, just to make a set bonus or (worse) because you have a fetish for Tier gear over better tanking gear.... not worth it.

Since it appears you're gearing full stamina/eh in all your enchants, I'd also consider Armor to cloak instead of agi, and the 30stam/15 resil pvp shoulder enchant instead of hodir. Avoidance can't save you from the things that are killing you; might as well push that EH.

Wineblack
10-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I haven't seen the Legs or Cloak from 25 Jaraxus. I have 156 Triumph Badges waiting for another Trophy to come to me. Hopefully tonight will be my night. Trust me if I could dump the 232 tier I would in a heartbeat. Drops for me and the warrior in my guild has been pretty bad.

Zothor
10-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I totally spaced out when I wrote my first post. Your'e using two tanks and NOT clearing the debuffs?! That's probably putting an insane stress on your healers. Pull up the Tankspot guide to 2 tanking this fight and you'll see that they highly reccomend using Bubble/HoP to clear the debuffs after tank switches. I'd go to three tanks or start clearing those bleeds, they're NASTY.

Wineblack
10-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Should have clarified. We were doing 4 stacks to clear them out. But with 3 tanks just 2 stacks.