PDA

View Full Version : Ulduar gearing and questions

Gearfighter
10-20-2009, 05:27 AM
hello this is my first post so i hope i do this right.

Ok, well i have an orc Dk, Frost tank. this is my Armory
WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Kel'Thuzad&name=ilumanchaos)

ok i have a lot of upgrades in ulduar10 man atm 9 upgrades in fact, now i have based this all on gaining hp, def rating, and keeping my dodge and parry around the same avoidence, wich is 43.04% (25.05% dodge, 17.99% parry)

now the problem that i am having is that there is a piece where i will be losing about 0.30% dodge but i have some more items which if i get them, will put me back up to my original avoidence.
Also i am looking at trinket changing but i dont know what to do with this, i am still using the def trinket from Heroic HoL, but looking to change that to grab some more hp but im not sure. (fyi my hp unbuffed is 30.7k) but if i do change this trinket i am roughly 10def short of the cap. though some Ulduar10 gear grants me more def, i just want to change it fast, but i will have to wait till i recieve gear to change it.

so the question is, would it be better for me to collect all/most of this gear before i put it on? so i can keep my stats where they are? or....am i way over the avoidence needed and could re-gem/enchant for hp? also what is the recommended avoidence for a DK?

through the 9 upgrades i am looking at hopefully around another 1k-1.5k hp increase. is this a good number range to be thinking of?

i have only done Ulduar10 once before and we had only downed a couple of bosses before we got stuck on the iron council and called it. so this comes to my next question. is there any way i can interupt all the casters chain lightnings or is there any chance to pull a dps away to help interupts or should it be ok to let a few through every now and again because of CD's?

any info would be great, i will be adding more threads more often as i am trying to gear up as fast as i can.

thanks in advance

Gearfighter (ilumanchaos)

p.s. if i havent explained anything in this thread clearly please tell me and i will try and explain more.

MellvarTank
10-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Question 1: Gems on the new pieces? Enchants? Have these been figured into your calculations?

Question 2: On Iron Council you have 2 tanks, are you both DK's, or do you have a warrior tank?

Gearfighter
10-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Question 1: Gems on the new pieces? Enchants? Have these been figured into your calculations?

no not yet, as i dont really know a super amount on it, i have been thinking, if i collect the pieces then put them all on i should hopefully be ok. but the major problem is, is do i have too much avoidence or is there no such thing?

Question 2: On Iron Council you have 2 tanks, are you both DK's, or do you have a warrior tank?

ok on the council there is me and a pally tank, for the first few times i did it and stopped a bit, but it was more to do with the lagg issue on the nova, and stopping when i think i am enough away when i wasnt lol

MellvarTank
10-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Well, I would say you definitely need to recalculate the expected bonuses of your new gear with the gems/enchants that you will put on them. A straight increase to health on the single piece alone makes it worth it, but you factor in another +30 stam gem and it looks even better. If you gem more dodge than you lose on the new piece, and get a stamina increase, then it is also definitely worth it. So you should always calculate in the gem/enchant bonus.

As for the Iron Council, you won't necessarily be able to stop everything they throw, but stopping most of it will make it worth it. You shouldn't need to pull a dps away from the other bosses to get through this fight.