PDA

View Full Version : Glove enchants

Kuraf
10-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Hey there mates,

I was wondering about the glove enchants, since I see more people using threat/parry or agi enchant than armor (glove reinforcement).

I know that engineers should take the armor one they can craft since 800 armor is quite a boost. What about the 200ish enchant? Worthless or still good?

According to rawr (using v2.2.13), I get more benefits from the armor enchant than from armsman.

Anybody did the math on this?

Hengist
10-20-2009, 04:07 AM
How can you do the math on EH versus avoidance + threat? Those are different things. I always found Armsman pretty disappointing, both threat and parry rating amounts are so small. 20 hit is pretty good option, while hit isnt exactly a great tanking stat, its a whole epic gem worth of stats, compared to stamina or agility options.

EH: stamina
Threat: hit

That is my opinion.

Kuraf
10-20-2009, 04:09 AM
I was thinking from a survivability point of view. Mainly in avoidance/mitigation.
Wasn't considering armsman for the 2% threat itself but for the parry bonus it provides.
Same applies to agi enchant, since it provides minor dodge and minor armor (even tho it's mainly used to provide extra threat)

Synapse
10-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Well, Kuraf, you're stuck in the EH vs Avoidance discussion that exists for as long as both concepts exist. But if it's for CURRENT top content,you want the eh more than the avoidance. Most tank killers, while being avoidable+nonavoidable gibs, still have most their damage on the nonavoidable section.

Kuraf
10-20-2009, 05:41 AM
For Magical damage, I know stamina will always be king...

Regarding the current top content, since most damage comes from nonavoidable sources would it be safe to say that I will be able to have mitigation for that damage?
If so, armor would prove superior... or even the heavy borean kit (for +18 stamina) would prove more helpful than the parry... right?

Hengist
10-20-2009, 08:38 AM
For Magical damage, I know stamina will always be king...

Regarding the current top content, since most damage comes from nonavoidable sources would it be safe to say that I will be able to have mitigation for that damage?
If so, armor would prove superior... or even the heavy borean kit (for +18 stamina) would prove more helpful than the parry... right?
Its hard to tell that in an absolute way, but I would pick armor or stamina over armsman any day, both because of amount and because of superiority of EH over avoidance (unless we are talking about some specific avoidance set, like for anub adds, then its Agility as far as I know). But if armor or stamina is better, that is bit more difficult to choose - armor is better EH + its mitigation, but only against physical melee damage, Stamina is worse EH but works against magic damage, bleeds etc.

Trork
10-20-2009, 08:48 AM
How can you do the math on EH versus avoidance + threat? Those are different things. I always found Armsman pretty disappointing, both threat and parry rating amounts are so small. 20 hit is pretty good option, while hit isnt exactly a great tanking stat, its a whole epic gem worth of stats, compared to stamina or agility options.

EH: stamina
Threat: hit

That is my opinion.

what about expertise for threat?

Kuraf
10-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Its hard to tell that in an absolute way, but I would pick armor or stamina over armsman any day, both because of amount and because of superiority of EH over avoidance (unless we are talking about some specific avoidance set, like for anub adds, then its Agility as far as I know). But if armor or stamina is better, that is bit more difficult to choose - armor is better EH + its mitigation, but only against physical melee damage, Stamina is worse EH but works against magic damage, bleeds etc.

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't considering an "unhittable" avoidance set (like the one used for anub adds).

I guess i'll try them both for some time and try to figure out which one provides me more benefit... will prolly take stamina tho (for overall purpose).

Hengist
10-20-2009, 03:38 PM
what about expertise for threat?
Expertise up to dodge cap is twice as better threat stat than hit (well, not exactly because of spell hit moves, but taht doesnt matter that much), but you get less of it, sicne in gems 20 exp = 20 hit, but on gloves its just 15 exp compared to 20 hit, also hit is harder to come by in this tier. So final answer is very much dependant on your actual setup - low on hit, take it over expertise; under dodge exp hit, maybe exp is better; not having problems with threat whatsoever, dont bother with it, just go for EH.