PDA

View Full Version : Arms gemming

Lexxandra
10-20-2009, 01:29 AM
What should I be gemming on a Arms warrior?
Strength? Or should I concentrate on armor penetration gems?

Destruyen
10-20-2009, 01:30 AM
arp once you get 30% arp from gear

Lexxandra
10-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Thanks alot for quick answer!

Lexxandra
10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Well this starts to annoy me alot.. I been gemming Arp now so its on like 27%, my hit is enough, I have pretty ok gear, my specc is ok, my glyphs are ok and I do a rotation in what most forums says I should do as a arms warrior. But still I get replaced in the raidgroups I am in for putting out to little dps (around 3.5-4k). This started to feel so bad recently so I am thinking of just stop playing. What am I doing wrong? I dont know anymore..

Griff
10-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Destruyen said
arp once you get 30% arp from gear

I notice that you're gemming heavily for arp while you don't even have 30% with your gemming. While I'm not really that familiar with arms, I think you're supposed to gem for strength until you get enough arp from your gear itemization that you can start to gem for it.

Lexxandra
10-29-2009, 05:06 AM
Sorry for being slow.. I am not sure what you mean.

Bung
10-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Laxxandra you say your hit is fine but 264 is the cap so you are a little low. If I were you I would gem all strength. If you mouse over your hit you will see that you are at 27% armor pen. When your gear alone puts you at 30% then gem armor pen. Before that gem all strength. You will see an increase in your dps. Btw your enchants/spec are perfect. Darkmoon card is expensive but would be a nice upgrade for you.

Bung

geros
10-29-2009, 06:09 AM
264 is generally not the hit cap for alliance. Spacegoats let you cheat. I think your ArP is a little low to focus on it. You also don't want to do half str/half ArP. Go full out on one or the other.

You can swap into Relentless Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41398) and use a Nightmare Tear - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49110) for the blue/yellow requirement as well to boost effectiveness.

Deathsupply
10-29-2009, 11:15 AM
264 hit cap for Arms WITHOUT dranei buff, which takes off aprrox 32 hit... making it 232...

ArP gemming should occur at 30% ArP From gear ONLY! no gems no battle stance no tier 9 set bonus, just gear. I would still stick with your gemming unless you really feel compelled to swich back to str gems...

You will hit 30% eventually and have to switch back anyways so save yourself some g's :P

as ssaid above, it's ALL or NOTHING concerning ArP. the more you have the better it gets point for point. A Grim toll/ MRS really makes ArP a kick in the ass for dps.

Lexxandra
10-30-2009, 01:58 AM
I changed out my arp gems (since I am a JC and had all the gems required already so no more golds wasted..kinda) into str ones yesterday, changed my helmet to the conquest one (which have arp in itself) I think my arp with gear is 22% now.
Everything makes me confused since I heared different advices from everywhere. Someone said I should be gemming Arp as crazy and somone says str.
But when getting replaced in raids cus of too low dps make me angry so. BAH!

Tried my dps out (unbuffed except the battle shout) on a heroic dummy and was up on 4.5k, thanks to bladestorm which boost my dps alot but as soon its on cooldown it ticks down to 3.5k.

IceCold
11-01-2009, 02:18 AM
I'd wait till about 40% passive ArP (is what I was told unless my buddy was taking the Battle Stance ArP into consideration) before you begin to Gem it. This is what I did and also was told to do so from a buddy of mine who's an amazing Warrior. Whenever I'm unsure about something, such as when to Gem ArP I'll ask him. He's never steered me wrong, and has always helped me maximize my DPS when I've asked.

As far as hit, as stated you should have at minimum with a Draenei in your raid/party, 232. As far as Expertise, that should be around 26, which is the cap, depending on your spec of course. If specced into Weapon Mastery instead of Imp Execute, you can get away with roughly 15 Expertise and be capped.

So I'd focus on being Hit and Expetise capped. Also, stack STR until 40% ArP as stated above, then you should be golden. Don't bother going with the Expertise Enchants. Their a waste. Also the 2 piece set bonus from T9 is nice, and helpful when close to the ArP marker for Gemming it.

Lexxandra
11-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Since I had the luck to win the Justicebringer from ToC 25 normal, I decided to try out fury since it's mostly PvE I am doing. Funny thing is that Fury is something I really never liked and not either used too.
I know the subject on here been what to gem in arms but anyways. Haha.
I was looking around for a specc and found one but not really sure. Anyone can have a check on my character?
And again: is the rule of Arp the same for fury as for arms? I've been speaking with a fury warrior in my guild and he says its a must, thought I should ask anyways.
Thanks again for the replies and alot of advices.

Rak
11-03-2009, 01:04 AM
You shouldn't focus on ArP yet with your gear, and you're not so that's good. Your spec is fine for Fury. As Fury, you are way over the hit soft cap, so you should get rid of the hit gem. You also shouldn't be using three purple gems, and could switch to the Relentless meta and use a Nightmare Tear instead of any purple gems for a net gain. You could also use an expertise gem to get up to the cap.

Lexxandra
11-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Whooooohoo getting closer to the 30% arp by only gear, expertise is higher and hit is lower :D But still my dps sucks.. Don't get it.. my gear is fine, specc is too. GAH!