PDA

View Full Version : continuing wow

Vigor
10-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I took 3-4 months off, now i'm ready to get back in again. I'm just wondering what else I could improve on the stats, gem, enchant, glyph or even my current talent tree. The first time I started, was last night on toc 25. Looking at my dps, I was way down. Any suggestion for improving my built will be greatly appreciated. I also wondering about Arm spec. Thanks.

I'm thinking to get Unbridled Wrath instead of Commanding Presence. Moving points from Booming Voice to Berserker Rage. Moving Anger Management to Intensify Rage.

Link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackhand&cn=Vigor&gn=GWJ+Alliance)

drae
10-20-2009, 07:42 AM
I believe this should be posted in the Halp section :D

Vigor
10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Pardon the mistake.

Niian
10-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Armory is not working for some reason.
Armory Lite - The WoW Armory Alternative: Vigor of Blackhand (http://armorylite.com/us/blackhand/Vigor/)

drae
10-23-2009, 07:22 AM
For much of the newer content it is highly recommended to stack EH. Much of the "S&%$ that's Gonna Kill Me" is un-avoidable damage in ToCr.

For your gear set in particular I would look at the following places you can increase your survivability. I see your dead on the expertise soft cap, I recommend looking at the Headplate of the Honorbound (badge vendor) for one of your next upgrades, it gives a TON of expertise and stam and will free you up for more Stamina Gems and keep you at the expertise softcap.

Shoulder Pads - Consider the PvP enchant (10k honor). 30 stam is superior to the dodge and defense on the hodir enchant. (I know all that rep grinding.. FOR NOTHING! I'm pissed too :D)

Cloak - If you have any tank cloak at the same ilvl (or higher) I would consider it. Blocking in general is a pretty weak stat for much of the current content, it doesn't mitigate enough damage. If you don't have an equivalent with preferable stats I would prioritize this slot as a replacement. Consider armor enchant over defense, your above cap and armor is EH, where-as defense is avoidance, as mentioned above much of the tank killers are un-avoidable.

Chest - Get that baby enchanted! I prefer 275 life for current content. You've got the right idea socket-wise, only go for the +12 stam socket bonus'. (especially considering your current expertise) However I would recommend simply stacking stam once you can get that expertise from gear. You get 12 stam from the bonus, but lose 30 by using hybrid gems.

Gloves - Stack stam gems and enchant with stam or armor once you get some expertise from gear.

Pants - Replace that expertise gem with stam once you get the expertise from gear.

Ring - Like I said for your cloak, blocking is generally a weak stat right now, look to upgrade to the Clutch of Fortification (badge vendor). Armor, stam, defense, dodge. Generally a great ring.

Trinkets - If you don't have one yet, shoot for a blackheart from normal 5m ToC. Great trinket. I'd use it over the crab and use those epic gems in your gear.

Talents - Nice spec, Exact same one I run with. I see your carrying some serious Defensive glyphs, which is definitely cool. Just keep in mind there are many fights on ToCr where swapping your glyphs for given fights is highly beneficial. For example, glyph of taunt is very useful on NRB; I would couple it with SW and Last stand. Jaraxxus is a tos up, no glyphs really shine. Faction champs is totally dependent on your role in the encounter. Valks I would recommend Vigilance, devastate and Shield wall. Good DPS that get the buff on that fight can really pump out the TPS. Keep your current ones for Anub tanking, anub adds, look to pop in a taunt glyph over that Last stand.

Generally - We recommend stacking stamina, but in your case your expertise is struggling so you've made the correct gem selections for the interim. You will see your hit rating dropping as you upgrade, as long as your expertise is going up I wouldn't worry too much, just keep a glyph of taunt handy for those tank swap situations. ToC gear comes with alot of expertise, so eventually you'll be able to start stacking more stam gems.

Hope that helps :D

Griff
10-23-2009, 11:19 AM
I think he was asking about his dps spec.