PDA

View Full Version : Could use some help.

loffe
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Hello, I have aoe tanking trouble. One example is that i charge in and tc and then im trying to place the mobs for a shockwave and then start tab attacking. Still im not able to hold them all. I'ts not so fun to hear that I can't do my job as a tank.

Armory link:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Krigsmaskin)
I also have brewfest trinket for switching with onyixa trinket.
Don't mind the enchants a friend skilling enchanting. :P

I also have some other questions.

1. Is it a bad idea to drop Shieldwarder Girdle for Belt of the Titans? I still will remain def caped with it.

2. Can I start tanking ToC25 or do I need to upgrade my gear more?

3. Any help to improve my tanking would be great, gear wise and trick and tips.

If I did sumbit this on the wrong place, i'm sorry.
Thanks alot. Sorry for the bad English.

MellvarTank
10-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I can't have a look at gear, but I can help you with some threat issues methinks.

Heroic strike in infinite rage situations should always be on cooldown, the trick here being to bind it to your mouse wheel so you cue it up every single time you can. Glyph for Devastate/sunder armor, this will drop two stacks on your current target and one stack on the guy standing closest to you that you aren't attacking. Use your cleave when you can, tab and devastate, thunderclap, demoralizing shout, make sure you are specc'd into damage shield, and put on a tabard that says "kiss the cook".

Usually I will use shockwave to stun mobs while I tab/devastate, this way an AoE happy mage/druid/whatever won't be able to get the mobs out of my melee range before I have a chance to hit them a few times. If you thunderclap when you charge in then shockwave the mob, you can usually get another thunderclap off just before (or when) the stun wears off. Also: put vigilance on a DPS'er that you know will generate high threat. You can glyph for Vig, but that depends on whether or not survivability is an issue (where you would glyph shield wall instead).

klor
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM
One thing that jumps out at me.. You're having threat problems, yet you've not got armsman on your gloves (10parry/2%threat). It may not seem like much, but every little bit helps. As for people pulling agro... it very well could be that you're just running with people that out gear you, or you're not keeping thunderclap on CD.

As for tanking ToC25.. I wouldn't take you to ToC25 with the enchants you have. Your gear is fine, but the enchants are poor which you said is because of an enchanter friend, which is fine. However if you're looking to do some of the higher end progression, I would expect you to make sure your gear is enchanted up to par and not budgetly done so. Like the budget leg enchant (which has nothing to do with enchanting) the lack of 40stam to bracers that are ilevel245 >.>, etc etc. Those two enchants alone would net you another ~550hp with talents. Replacing your other bad enchants would raise you even higher and have you ready for toc25.

dirt
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I'd certainly go for the Belt of Titans, you'll get 2 extra gem sockets with that. Plus, you are way over the hit cap, so you can afford to lose the belt you have.

I know you said your friend is upping their enchanting skills on you, but make sure you have all your gear enchanted properly. Upgrade your leg enchants to the lvl 80 version(55sta, 22agi) also. I'd also go for the Cluth of Fortification to replace your 213 ring. I also really like the non-tier helm for 75 badges.

You've got the gist of how it should be done. Charge in TC, SW, demo, cleave, etc. I like to charge in, TC and then spin around and face my group, that way if one decides to peel off for a healer, I can simply taunt him back, then TC again or SW. The people you run with need to understand the mechanics of a warrior tank, that being to give you a few secs to build aggro. On multiple mobs, it is more challenging but not difficult if your dps works with you and not against you. Get Omen so you can see where everyone is on the threat list. If people out gear you and are running heroics or places like Naxx, it's going to be even more challenging for you as they tend to not only land more hits, but crit more often, thus making it easier for them to pull aggro. If this is the case, I'd recommend you mark a kill order and have them focus fire. If you have a hunter in your group have them, MD to you and lastly consider putting vigilance on your top dps'er to put some threat back onto you.

loffe
10-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks alot! Yea I'm saving to the 75 badge helmet have 40 atm. I know about the enchants that's why I pointed it out. I will get the 40stam soon enough ;)