PDA

View Full Version : Gear/Spec Problem?

chris_recaro
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey all
first off,

Armory link:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Tekk%C3%A9n)

Recently i decided to roll my DK as a tank and have been enjoying it for most part, except... in raids i seem to cope ok ok bosses, but when it comes to tanking adds etc i seem to take huge amounts of damage, i understand as a DK i will take more than classes using shields due to block, but should it be so bad? have i got something wrong gear wise/spec wise?

I have read a lot of posts about DK tanks and there are so many different opinions its been quite hard to find a solid answer for this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Kurtosis
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Make sure all the adds are in front of you (anywhere in a 180 degree cone in front or to your sides). Anything behind you you can't dodge or parry and take additional damage from. Circle strafe till they're all in front if necessary.

Be ready to use Icebound Fortitude or Unbreakable Armor to mitigate their damage. If you're low on runic power when you need IBF, try spec'ing 2/2 Chill of the Grave and 3/3 Scent of Blood for more. I Frost tank and couldn't imagine not having those talents.

Consider a spec change: 15/51/5 (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EGZhxx0AbIof0buzAo0x:TawM0m). Icy Talons and IIT are more dps talents, while Scent of Blood and Chill of the Grave ensure you have enough RP to spam Frost Strike (threat) and still have some left over for IBF and/or AMS.

chris_recaro
10-19-2009, 05:06 AM
Great advice thanks! I have to admit i do typically find myself out of runic power when i need it most and it becomes slightly annoying at times waiting for runes to cooldown with no runic power to use on other attacks i.e. rune strike, frost strike etc.

As far as it goes for cooldowns, should i be using unbreakable armour whenever possible, unless of course saving it for a damage spurt im expecting? and same with IBF.

I've noticed im quite short on HP (31k unbuffed) compared to some other tanks but i can only put that down to gear really, since im so over capped is it worth changing the enchant on my chest to 10 stats or 275hp or something?

Thanks again!

Chris

Wilhem
10-19-2009, 09:52 AM
I use my CD's when i'm expecting serious damage or when I just got hit for some serious damage to help mitigate the next bit of damage while my healers can recover.

When you have limited runic power and runes are on cooldown, I suggest using HoW. It's 10 free runic power. =D