PDA

View Full Version : Me or Heals

Tik
10-18-2009, 02:06 AM
I want to see if anyone can tell me why it is that my OT takes triple the damage that I do but yet I am the one that dies. We were tanking 25 man ToC last night and alternating on Gormok and I was watching my recount on damage taken. The OT had triple the damage taken and I died 3 times.... I can not figure it out so maybe you guys out there that know more then me can explain it to me cause I am about to scream lol.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Ti%C3%B1k)

Squirrelnut
10-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Damage taken is a VERY misleading number. Depending on who tanks first that would greatly effect what kind of overall damage a tank might take because they are simply being hit LONGER not HARDER; the thing that actually kills you is spike damage.

There are some RNG issues on Gormok but more important are the things you can control such as intelligent use of cooldowns, trinkets, etc to counteract the fight mechanics.

Good communication, DBM, cooldowns, trinkets, BoP off stacks, etc all combine to make ToC raids either fairly easy or near impossible. Just worry about what you are doing and stop thinking about stats or what happens to other people. Get the best gear/gems/enchants you possibly can and then practice your rotation and cooldown timing to be the best possible tank.

Bashal
10-19-2009, 09:27 AM
If your OT is truly squishier, the healers are more focused on keeping the OT alive, and then you don't get the heals you need to stay alive.

I've seen it happen a bunch of times. If you can fix whatever is wrong with your OT (doesn't use cooldowns properly, maybe?) that'll smooth things out.

MellvarTank
10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Bashal beat me to it.

Think about it: If your OT is taking more damage than you, the healers are trying to keep him alive. Do you call out the switch in Vent? Are the healers familiar with the impale ticks? They may think that Gormok is still on the OT and don't notice you taking damage until it is too late.

Fledern
10-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Without any attackpower debuff, Gormok can land incredibly high spike damage. I'm talking about melee hit + impale tick from 2 stacks + 3rd impale all landing at the same second. At similar gear levels, a bear for example, could survive the spike, a warrior that didnt block could not. Healers usually line up cooldowns like guardian spirit to the one who's going to get stomped and save him. They may not be doing the same to you.

Oh and dont forget the attackpower debuff :)

ghromorth
10-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I think its time for you to get more armor and health:

My advice:
-Change the back enchant, from def to armor
-Change the shoulder enchant to the PvP one (+30sta,15res)
-You are overcapped in def so the trinket of onyx has to go too(try brewfest one or anothher +sta)

In ToC avoidance its overrated, you have to be prepared for the worst situation, thats why we gotta stack stamina and armor over avoidance(i'm talking about ulduar hm and toc)