PDA

View Full Version : Friend Looking to Help Warrior Tank

deahsythehel
10-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Just to start off here is the link to my friends character: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackwing+Lair&n=Milah)

History behind or guild and what we are up to. We are mainly just a small group of friends that have been running 10 man content. We have all but Yogg in Ulduar down with a few hard modes (Flame, XT, Hodir, working Thorim). We have TotC down and have tried working into TotGC but no luck so far. Milah doesn't have a ton of time to play, is mostly on when we are raiding and isn't much of a theory crafter nor has the best idea how to gear/gem/enchant/glyphs.

I've been trying to look up information to help her out but with my limited tanking knowledge I get easily stumped. She has 30 Conquest badges and 47 Triumph badges. I guess what i'm asking is if any more knowledgeable tank give me any ideas of things I could pass on and this is mainly from a spec/gear/gem/etc perspective.

Sorry for this being long winded and greatly appreciate any help if some may be provided.

PS I have been playing around with RAWR some to try and help out as well.

krc
10-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Ok so first gear. His gems and enchants are all pretty good if he doesn't have time to play enough to gear for the encounter I recommend him to just gear for EH(armor and stamina), If he does get the time though he could start making an EH set,avoidance,threat etc.

For his spec and glyphs of you have a fury warrior in the raid I recommend you have them spec in Improved Demo Shout. If you have a fury warrior that is willing to do that He should take 5 points out of Improved Demo shout, 2 out of Improved Revenge, 2 out of Cruelty, and 1 out of Shield spec. If Milah does that he could put them in Improved Heroic Strike, Improved Charge, Impale, and Deep Wounds. The threat gain he will get from Imp HS and Deepwounds is more than all of the talents he will be taking out of.

With his Triumph badges he should get the ring and save up for the helmet, after he gets the helmet the throwing weapon is probably the next best choice. With Conquer badges he could get the T9.5 helm and grab Shield Warder Girdle for an avoidance set if he has nothing else to buy for his offspec.

Every thing seems to look pretty solid though no big errors, the biggest thing out of all of these is that he doesn't have the top enchants or all epic gems.

deahsythehel
10-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Every thing seems to look pretty solid though no big errors, the biggest thing out of all of these is that he doesn't have the top enchants or all epic gems.

Yeah, that was something we were going to get taken care of soon, main reason they haven't been changed is she has a few other newer pieces i was wondering how to work in (helm from 10 Ony, Chest from Anub, Etrigg's Oath, Peacekeeper blade, and Quel'serrar).

We'll get the gem and enchants updated and go from there and maybe change the spec like you said, she seems fairly survivable as is and the extra threat could be nice. Thanks for the suggestion Krc.