PDA

View Full Version : Prot pally advice needed

Xcercs
10-17-2009, 10:01 AM
First of all here is my armory link so you can see where and why i am asking for the advice.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?n=Xcercs&r=draenor)

Ok questions :D

Firstly i am in a 10man focused guild that i MT and run totc//uld//ony any other raids i have to pug so my access to 25 raids is very random and luck is low :P

Looking at my gear is it worth me changing the 2 parts 8.5 for the t9 you get for 50 badges, there is a marginal upgrade in stats but im more concerned about the drop in hit rating and distinctive lack of it in the vendor

trinkets i know need work but lack of 25 man runs means i dont have many options i have the brewfest trinkets (all of them) + essence of goss

my main concern is now that i have all i can see as a upgrade on my character where do i go next besides the obvious 25mans

also how does my gear stand for hardmodes in Uld and totc 10man ... we tried once in totc heroic and wiped very quick only seeing the worms once i wasnt sure if it was positioning or healing but we seemed to die very fast

as a last nte are there any massive problems with my talents i find it works great but i see many go for seals of purity over reckoning but i love reckoning its nearly always up

Lerius
10-18-2009, 02:03 AM
You are close to togc but not quite there. I would say a little more EH and some fight knowledge along with a very geared and skilled raid and you should be good.

25 mans are hard for most of us with small guilds but we have to deal with it.

For your first question "is t9 worth upgrading from t8.5?" The answer is "depends". It all depends on the 4 set bonus of the armour. My suggestion would be to get full t9 except for the headpiece and then buy the 75 emblem piece. This would be beneficial as you would the 4 set bonus and would get the upgraded stats.

Yes the upgrade from t8.5 to t9 isnt much, but if you find yourself lost when finding 25 mans, you wont be able to get the higher armour so you must use what you have. What you have is tokens. I myself struggle with gearing later into ToC but you either just have to get BiS from the 10 mans, or run 25 mans. Either way it is a long road to ToGC, just dont rush it, progressing is key.

Xcercs
10-18-2009, 07:08 AM
ok thanks i thought that might be the case EHP is something i need to look moe into as alot of discussions are about over EHP Vs avoidance and all healers tend to go HP and dump more heals into the tank ....

as for the badge upgrades ill buy them and work with what drops but i think possibly looking towards a 25guild may also help as i dont want to be stuck in a situation of little progress and the only way forward is to get a guild + pug run and hope for the best