PDA

View Full Version : just need some all around help

Lancelott
10-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Well, this past week has been fairly frustrating for me when it comes to my warrior. Dont get me wrong i love playin him ,however something has seemed to change and im now gettin told by healers that i run with regularly that it seems like im getting hit like a truck. There has also been occasions that people have told me that im not geared enough for ToC 10 (normal) ,and that my offtank that has 1/2 the gear I do is. I have also have been having re-occuring threat issues during boss fights that hasnt happened before. I've noticed ive mainly been having these issues after this last patch but im not sure if thats the case for me. Please any advise or reassurance will be great.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thrall&n=Lancelott)

There is my armory page for someone to look at. Again any advise would be great to fix any possible gear / gem / enchant issue i may be having.

Glittersmith
10-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Threat, you have reasonable amounts of both hit and expertise, try to pick up a higher dps tanking weapon. Re-talent to a cookie-cutter Impale + Deep Wound spec. For glyphs, Glyph of Vigilance is the best sustained threat glyph for warriors atm get it if you can't hold aggro easily. With a retalent and the glyph change single target threat should be a walk in the park.

Survivability, Glyph of Last Stand will make you have one cd more often within use range. For gear, You are at the moment using 0 stamina trinkets, getting atleast the Black Heart from ToC5 normal would be a huge upgrade over your block trinket since block is next to useless for any raid tanking except tanking adds on anub hardmode.

Gemming could be made more optimal by scrapping the idea of getting socket bonuses if the socket bonus not is at least 9stamina, ending you with one purple gem (for activating meta) and rest solid stamina gems.

Enchants, to maximise EH you should get the Stam shoulder enchant from pvp, armor on gloves and cloak and 275hp on chest, and I would advise to get Tuskarr's vitality on your boots since a faster tank is a more effective tank (especially useful to avoid big charging yetis). I would get Blood Draining on your weapon, its very nifty to have an automatic health pot every now and then.

For your threat issues there is also a big possibility that its something you are doing wrong on your end. Do you miss to apply HS to every attack that you can without rage starving yourself? You use Shield Slam and Revenge every time they are up? Do you spend gcds just waiting for things to get off cd?

Lancelott
10-18-2009, 05:05 AM
well Glitter i did infact follow your advise as to the gear changes and so on and i must admit it really did make all the difference. I belive there are a few other things i may need to work on / tweek a bit gear wise..parry just seems low to me..anyhow i am now ,remarkably, doin about 2 - 2.5k dps single target on boss fights as well with the proper rotation that you suggested i look into (i was only toping out at 1.5k if i was lucky). so that being said threat now is no longer an issue. Here again is my new set up..let me know what yall think:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thrall&n=Lancelott)

again if anyone feels anymore advise should be giving im all ears.

Also with how my gear is now do you think my gear will suffice for ToC content like i hope it will. ty :)

krc
10-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Every thing looks really good Lance, only thing I might add that Glitter didn't say is that I think if you are doing ToC content 225 armor is going to be a superior enchant to 16 defense since there aren't any bosses in ToC where avoidance is preferred over EH.

You should be ready for ToC content the biggest threat for tank deaths is Gormok's Impale an you seem to have the EH sufficient to survive it as long as your healers aren't bad.

Thundergnome
10-20-2009, 11:03 AM
block is next to useless for any raid tanking except tanking adds on anub hardmode.

Glitter, could you (or anyone else who has the same view) elaborate on this?

I understand that for tanking H anub adds one would ideally like to get to 'unhittable'.

Would you say that total damage being mitigated over time due to blocking is not enough to warrant speccing 5/5 Shield Specialization?

As a MT I didnt spec into impale/deep wounds opting for improved demo shout and 5/5 shield spec. I don't find that I have trouble with threat since I almost always have 'infinite' rage.
Did I waste points by going 5/5 shield spec? Lets say I go 2/5 instead. Assuming I don't spec into deep wounds, how would you suggest to spend these 3 extra points?

Bashal
10-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Glitter, could you (or anyone else who has the same view) elaborate on this?

Block doesn't mitigate enough damage from a hard-hitting raid boss to be all that useful. Going for higher stamina/armor works better.

Thundergnome
10-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Block doesn't mitigate enough damage from a hard-hitting raid boss to be all that useful. Going for higher stamina/armor works better.

Okay, so in that case what would you say about Shield Mastery and Critical Block? Not useful as well?

drae
10-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Critical Block is still a great talent, you'd be surprised how much damage it mitigates, (especially since the buff). It's also the 15% increased chance to critically hit with Shield Slam.

I don't spend more then 2 points in Shield spec unless I'm tanking anub adds. In my mind 3/3 FR outperforms the last 3 pts in shield dpec hands down.