PDA

View Full Version : Need help on DK tanking

Kenny_mis
10-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Hellow.

My question is about Tanking as a DK(yes, tanking, another one :) )
My Main spec is Blood DPS. But i actualy enjoy tanking normal ones for a lvling irl buddy of me. Now my gear aint the best there is, not even close to being a litle good. Got some ToC hc gear, heroic items...

Now my def is 541 atm, way more then enough for me atm(i think)
I tottaly forgot to watch at my Hit and Exp ratings. (i never tanked before i rerolled from a warlock) I'm getting some Emblem gear now to enlarge my stats such as HP, hit.... whatever that can help me.

Now the Real question...

Wich is the best tanking spec for a 'low' geared DK for doing heroics.

Ive tried blood tanking before, and i could not hold threat what so ever.
Was it my rotation, gear,... i have no id

Could anyone help me here with a decent Spec + rotation for doing Heroic tanking.

Got my Tanking spec unleared again at this moment. But here is my Armory link:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&n=Varkesh)

Thx in advance,

Greetz.

Insahnity
10-16-2009, 04:25 PM
We are missing information, like how you go about tanking. DK tanking is not about a rotation, it's about following a priority (and we don't know what your priorities are). We also don't know who you are running with, if you have some very overgeared DPS, then the problem lies elsewhere.

Your gear appears to be on the right track. I suppose if you stick to easy heroics, not having enchants on your blues won't kill you, but it's not ideal, you need all the help you can get when in blues.

We can't comment on your tanking spec because you deleted your tank spec. I suggest browsing the forums for DK tank specs. Especially pay attention to anything by Satorri.

As for picking which tree to follow, you should technically be able to tank in any tree given the proper talents and gear, but many people feel it easier to tank as frost or even unholy at lower levels.I think you should stick to the spec that fits your personal style, and you may have to trial other specs to find out what works for you. It is entirely doable to tank in blood spec even at low levels, but as you have correctly guessed, your expertise and hit are quite low (26 expertise soft cap, 263 hit cap). Try and start upping your expertise.

Finally, never gem for parry as a DK. Just take our word for it if you decide not to read why.

Kenny_mis
10-16-2009, 04:43 PM
i had the 'most commen' blood tanking spec 52/8/11 i think it was.

Ppl i'm running with. random ppl from /4 spam and LFG tab. Not realy into a guild atm just wanna learn to play DK with both specs first before i make myself look like an idiot in a guild. So most of the time medium geared. from time to time pretty overgeared dps'ers.

Its just i tried tanking in Blood but it just seemed i could not generate treat, was i using my skill rotation wrong, or maybe the wrong skills at all.
+ i also read somewhere Frost/unholy is good as tanking, but on the otherhand i hear ppl say don't go either of them, they 'suck' thx to the nerf

Thx about the info about hit and exp

Fledern
10-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Especially pay attention to anything by Satorri.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/54331-satorri-s-big-build-shop-blood-tanking.html

^^ is what he means. Read it, memorize it, print it & keep by your bed, etc.

With the latest changes i found frost 2h tanking klunky (dual wield frost tanking is great fun by contrast but it needs a ton of gear to make it work). Since you're already dps'ing as blood, you should find blood tanking easier so i suggest you go with that.

If you want an improvement before reading the epic work i linked above (if that you should go throw yourself off a bridge or something) i would suggest you take a really good look at how much runestrike you're using.

Kenny_mis
10-22-2009, 08:21 AM
i tried Blood again, went to AN hc. got my runestrike each time it was up, dark command...
Still i lost Agro. any advice on skill ratio?

Bashal
10-22-2009, 08:25 AM
i tried Blood again, went to AN hc. got my runestrike each time it was up, dark command...
Still i lost Agro. any advice on skill ratio?

We are missing information, like how you go about tanking.

As was mentioned, a little more detailed information is needed here, otherwise we're just guessing. But I can answer this:

Wich is the best tanking spec for a 'low' geared DK for doing heroics.

2H Frost is usually considered to be the best DK tank spec when you are just starting out.