PDA

View Full Version : Dad is back (sry) and need help more then ever..

Robix
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi guys,

I'm getting down in damage meters, really low, down by the tanks. My AiL (average item level) is quite high, and serveral guildies knows that and throw that at me since my dps is so low.
Been lurking arround here and on EJ for years so I think I have a pretty good idea of the basics.
Rotation: BT and WW on CD, HS if rage is high enough (roughly 60 for me), slam if it proc's. Sometimes we have no other warrior, or warrior is tanking something else I use sunder x5 and try to keep it up. If multi mobs I swap HS for cleave.
Been mixing arround with lower +hit since I see many higher warriors as low as 170-ish. I can't get anywhere near those low numbers. Also been mixing arround with a tiny bit lower Exp then cap, it seems to not make any big difference. Have been saving up on some older gear to have something to mix with. YES I do have a AP/crit gem instead on a str/crit gem on legs.....
Last thing I did this week was mixing arround with getting all the str socket bonuses. Swapping some pure str gems to str/crit to get socket bonus and crit a tiny bit up. It did seem to lower my dmg by some numbers.
When our guild entered ToC 25, I thought I would save up some on my dkp to be first in line for PFHAT 2h:ers. Not so many drops yet :-( REALLY low on those drops acctually. And we still do Uld each week (well some is training on hard modes and not farming) but no drops there either. I am doing cash runs on ToC 10 and try to do VoA aswell but no luck on 2h yet. Now i have swapped tactic on that and I am going for the t9 gears since this week. I think some of my low dps does come from my "poor" 2h:ers.

When Landsouls spreadsheet got out in a version that didn't work in my old Office, I couldn't use it anymore :-(
I do have rawr since a week or two (as it now can handle dps warriors).

World of logs: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1213/)
Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&n=Robix)

Any input is wellcome.
Please help.

/Robix (the old guy)

EDIT: Please someone move this to right side of these forums, sry for wrong side posting :-/

Robix
10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
please move my thread to where it belong.
And ofc I also did this to bump it :-)

/Robix

Bashal
10-21-2009, 10:12 AM
The only suggestion I have, is that you are about at the 30% ArPen threshold for gemming Armor Penetration instead of strength. If you have a trinket that either has a flat ArPen bonus or an ArPen proc, that would tip you over the edge and let you gem for ArPen instead of strength.

EDIT: also, yeah, you would probably do much better with 2H weapons with strength on them instead. Get those changed out as soon as you can.

Robix
10-21-2009, 01:35 PM
no luck ever on the ArP trinkets (or much gear). I did acctually try the ArP route some weeks ago with no luck, quite possably I was to low to swap.
Should I still make the change with new ArP rules coming along?

Tonight I was lucky on the Dual Blade Butcher axe :), with my historical "ketchup effect" drop rate I will probably get yet anotherone soon.

Anyone else have any inputs?

/Robix

Bashal
10-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Should I still make the change with new ArP rules coming along?

Yeah, it may have been that when you tried gemming for ArPen in the past, you didn't have enough from your gear alone for it to be reasonable.

If you're referring to Blizzard's intent to eventually remove ArPen as a stat from gear, as I understand it that won't be until Cataclysm. Do what works now, and then after Cataclysm, do what will work then.

Griff
10-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Another thing worth noting is that item level means very little. I could have a complete set of i-level 258 cloth gear and still get stomped as a tank by lowly old Patchwerk.

Thus, just having lvl 245+ gear doesn't mean much of anything if you're not itemizing properly.

squats
10-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Your damage break down on your last jaraxxus fight makes me think your not using your abilities on CD fast enough. your damage breakdown should show heroic strike first, then bloodthirst. You either arnt using heroic strike as often as you could be, or you dont have a mod like omaniCC that is showing numeric CDs.

while using heroic strike when above 60 rage is a good idea when you are first starting out, after you get decent gear you have to start getting a feel for how your rage generates. because RNG doesnt like everyone equally, everyone's rage generation is different. the best thing you can do is just go up to a dummy and start beating on him.

you also arnt using slam as much as you could.
You got 24 slam procs over all, and only used 8. Either RnG is loving you and the procs are just refreshing, or you arnt using them.

If slam procs before Bloodthirst is off CD, make sure Bloodthirst has at least 1.5 secconds left before its up.

also, your gem in your neck should be a flat 20 Str. 8AP as a socket bonus isnt worth it.

also, get your T9 legs and shoulders ASAP (just get the badge shoulders btw, but not the legs) and get the bracers with expertise off NRB. after you get those you can get rid of that trinket. replace it with runestone from 10 man thorim hard mode. after you do that, then you can go ahead and get rid of your +crit +str gems.