PDA

View Full Version : Totgc lord jax Adds issue

Auyina
10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi im a druid tank and im currently tanking lord jax with another warrior tank. we have no problems in survival . The only issue is that the dps complains that the infernos adds tanking is quite bad because it turn out to be very messy.At first it was the warrior tanking the adds . but after wiping a few times , i switch with the tank and i went to tank the adds . is there any way to tank it efficiently? Another issue is about the pally healer . he beacon the MT and heal himself . Is there a more efficently way of healing ( etc who to beacon? )

geros
10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
I think the warrior is generally a better option on the adds because he can warbringer himself around the room. There is a fantastic macro for it somewhere on TankingTips.com - A guide to tanking as a Warrior in World of Warcraft (http://tankingtips.com/) . If the warrior still isn't capable, save your FF and charge for the later ones from the volcano that tend to spawn further out. If you have a hunter, multi-shot + misdirect isn't a bad idea either.

Make sure you are building up a full rage bar before the volcano spawns as well.

Risky
10-16-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm the add tank in ToGC for Jaxx, warrior.
I've got to say, honestly, I hardly even tank the infernals. I try to keep my 4 sec taunt on cd for anything that moves out of the center of the room, but for the most part, I'm just taunting from Jarax's position in the center, cleaving, letting them port, taunting again usually after the hellfire finishes.

If you're getting more than 3 infernals, you might just need to improve your volcano burst.

Auyina
10-16-2009, 11:56 AM
we are gonna try a dk offtank during our next try . is DK better at tanking infernals as compared to warrior?

swelt
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
For this fight, I abuse 2xT8 + 2xT9 set bonuses to get monster devastate threat. Get a few solid hits on each infernal as it spawns, then switch to the next and repeat.

If you continue to have trouble, you could probably have the jaraxus tank taunt one of the adds, as neither the boss nor adds hit particularly hard. You could also have the add tank put vigilance on the jaraxus tank to keep refreshing his taunt cooldown.

Jecked
10-16-2009, 12:05 PM
I find that if u banish the second there is np in picking them up. Your dps has to know that the adds drop agroo and charge a random toon. They will need to move till it comes back to u or u charge it.

Are guild tanks the boss in midd of room and i pick up the adds from there. This gives us very little movement by ranged. This also maxx dps time on adds and boss.

ck5uperman
10-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't know about 25 man yet, but I solo tanked Jaxx last night on 10 ToTGC. Basically it was run to the portal, aoe taunt, pick up adds, then taunt w/ macro as much as possible. The Mistresses are no problem at all, but the Rocks fly around like crazy. I would taunt as often as possible, but DPS should have them down pretty quick. Plus, with one tank, having the extra DPS is nice and make sure you move away when the adds AOE. Be sure to have you kick/interrupt friend move w/ you.

geros
10-16-2009, 12:21 PM
I think it's mostly a matter of who's individually best at picking up adds that don't want to stay put. I've said earlier that warriors have a lot of mobility to make life easier in addition to vigilance... but if the specific warrior can't capitalize on those advantages it's a waste. A DK probably is a bit easier than a bear though.

felhoof
10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I almost never have problems with this. Occasionally the ranged will focus fire one I didn't get much threat on and then will be halfway across the room - but honestly, it's about putting as much early threat as you can on them.

So have full rage, have the maul glyph, and mangle/lacerate the first, swipe the second and third. Pick up the first with growl, the second with FF and the third with growl. Make sure to know where they are, and move towards the ones that escape you while still swiping.

They don't hit super hard either, so if they get away for a second it's not so bad. Just make sure that they're there.

Also, don't worry about sitting in an inferno. It doesn't hit for that much, and you can build up a lot of threat by smacking on one during that.

MellvarTank
10-16-2009, 02:46 PM
The infernals seem to be more of an annoyance than anything, usually we casually pick them up but have ranged take them down. In all reality they don't hit hard, and randomly "transport" and drop AoE... so your best bet is kill them off before they have a chance to move around a lot and cause havoc.

ScaryGary
10-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Yea like was said before, the infernals really are not a big threat. As long as people are on their toes and ready to move when one charges and does that aoe everyone should be fine. They don't hit anywhere near as hard as the mistress does and I use the vigilance trick when the volcano pops. I switch it over to the MT so I have taunt pretty much on a GCD. Of course as soon as the adds are down I switch vig off of the MT and back onto a dps. (Being able to switch that around in fights is a big help, PRACTICE doing that, helps a lot for things like Hodir hard mode as well)

Mookey
10-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I think his problem are raid not moving when Infernals charge?

Ok first clean up what's problem in your case. If Infernal charge DPS X - explain them that that's not problem of Tank Y - no matter class.

Portal spawn: (Kill it fast on HM)
Infernals spawning.
Tank building aggro.
DPS deals some damage.
Infernal sets itself as a ball charges random target, and start to cast hellfire.

Use some addon to check what's your raid dying from:
If your raid is dying from "swing" damage - it's tank problem
If your raid is dying from Fel Streak + Fel Inferno damage - it's raid problem - they don't move when they are supposed to.

On pala issue, my best pala healer is beaconing MT usualy, so when he have to spot heal someone he don't lose heal on MT... but creative and proper usage of b(e)acon diversify imba pala from poor pala and cannot be made general rule "who to beacon".

Kuraf
10-19-2009, 08:06 AM
I think his problem are raid not moving when Infernals charge?

Ok first clean up what's problem in your case. If Infernal charge DPS X - explain them that that's not problem of Tank Y - no matter class.

Portal spawn: (Kill it fast on HM)
Infernals spawning.
Tank building aggro.
DPS deals some damage.
Infernal sets itself as a ball charges random target, and start to cast hellfire.

Use some addon to check what's your raid dying from:
If your raid is dying from "swing" damage - it's tank problem
If your raid is dying from Fel Streak + Fel Inferno damage - it's raid problem - they don't move when they are supposed to.

On pala issue, my best pala healer is beaconing MT usualy, so when he have to spot heal someone he don't lose heal on MT... but creative and proper usage of b(e)acon diversify imba pala from poor pala and cannot be made general rule "who to beacon".

Not much more to add here... vulcano nuking should have top priority and that's enough time to build up aggro. People just can't fall asleep... but that's the same on normal mode anyway :P