PDA

View Full Version : Gormok issue

Phromple
10-15-2009, 08:27 PM
After successfully completing 25m TotC and 10m TotGC, our guild decided to venture into 25m TotGC only to have Gormok & company skewer us. The most reoccurring issue we have is that fact that, as one of tanks, Gormok is destroying me. Looking at the combat log it seems as though he's hitting me without about 3 different attacks in a span of time that is shorter than our holy paladin can cast a flash heal. An approximately equal geared druid tank and a lesser geared paladin tank don't seem to be having the same issue with gormok. So, what i need help with, is figuring what is going wrong here. Is it something gear/stat related? Class related? Something bugging in the fight? Getting unlucky? Etc...?

Here's a link to my armory

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Phromple)

felhoof
10-16-2009, 08:28 AM
It's you not understanding the fight.

Impales happen at exactly the same time, every time, no matter what. That's one of the things you were hit with. You were probably hit with a melee attack + an impale tick as well.

And you were probably around the 8th or 9th impale.

You MUST use cooldowns here. MUST. No tank save a ridiculously well-geared druid can survive this without cooldowns. Rising anger simply increases his damage so much that you will not survive. And you know without fail when these things happen, so you can plan for exactly what CDs you will use and who will use them, and when.

I've done this like 20 times now, but here's our rotation. The numbers are the impale numbers; CDs are to be used BEFORE these so that they are on for that impale.

1: Barkskin
2: Trinket
4: Taunted off
6: Trinkets
8: Taunted back, barkskin
9: Survival Instincts
10: GS
11: Taunted off, shield wall (I get a BoP)
12: Last stand + PS

For you guys it'll be different, but that's the general theme; note that there's at least one CD up for every single impale past 7.

Xianth
10-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Although a bit diverted from your main question - you mention the time your holy paladin takes to cast a flash of light.... is that just for example purposes or is he actually casting FoL during impales?

Phromple
10-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Example purposes