PDA

View Full Version : Possible Gear Issues, Heroic ToC

Vidus
10-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi,

I've been playing a warrior tank since launch on and off, and have usually felt pretty confident. I've done some raiding for this expansion, but mainly on my paladin alt as a healer, not as a warrior. However, I feel pretty confident in my understanding of warrior gearing/playing.

Lately, I've been having trouble when I run heroic ToC with friends (the 5 man). My friend is our healer, a troll priest, and whenever he heals for me I tend to dip very low on a regular basis. He complains that my damage is very bursty.

Most of the time when we run ToC heroic, we have issues. My damage spikes quite a bit, and he has trouble keeping me up and the rest of the group up as well. This problem is not as pronounced in other heroics, but it really shows in ToC heroic.

My armory is here (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarlet+Crusade&n=Vidus)

Currently, I'm going for higher health partially due to bias by PuGs for anyone without 30k plus health.

I recently got the socketed sword from HToC but have yet to integrate it effectively into my gear. The crit-immune cap for heroics I can easily meet with my HP intensive gear, so I tend to run with that gear rather than the higher def (540) gear that I have (a set that needs the seal of pantheon to work)

Any suggestions on how to improve my gear or re-gear/re-gem to avoid being as bursty in my damage? Am I doing anything wrong? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

(Though, as a disclaimer, I am a full-time grad student and married, so my WoW time isn't huge, but I try to get in a heroic every day or two).

-Vidus

uglybbtoo
10-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Try chanting half your gear :=)

+20 on shied shield and +16 on back will ease alot of def cap issues.

Arthmael
10-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Try chanting half your gear :=)

+20 on shied shield and +16 on back will ease alot of def cap issues.

Just as Ugly said, enchanting your gear will give your current set enough to be def capped. Take a look at my gear by using the drop down armory button under my name, I am also a warrior tank but I have never had a problem with any runs. Burst damage is going to happen, that is why we utilize our defensive abilities to break such burst damage down and healers have to compensate for burst by focusing on you. If the healer is complaining then maybe they aren't the best of healers. Also, Heroic ToC does have quite a few moments that is heal intensive, the poison from the rogue can be a pest if not kited out and the fear phase of the Palestress and also the last phase of the Black Knight where everyone is getting hit with the shadow bolts. Good heals + Good tank = GG.

Skaggi
10-13-2009, 03:56 AM
Hi there!

Don't despair! Gear first: Try to do the daily heroic as often as possible. Also try to get your feet into Koralon/Ony 10. They may be "raids" but should be short enought to let you make it in the wife's enrage timer... ;)

All these provide you with emblems that can buy you major upgrades.

Gemming and enchanting your gear as suggested will help also.

ToC second:

Phase1 - Depending on which champs you get, you will receive evil bursts here. For priests there are two real pains. Warrior (mortal strike on you halving heals received) and rogue (priests can't dispel poisons). Try to cope as good as you can by using cooldows for mortal strike phases and shout at party members who dispel poison if available.

Phase 2 - If you get the paletress be sure to use your rage to break the fear.

Phase 3 - Let the priest buff shadow protection. Kite out of the ghoul explosions. Let all group up during the ghost mini-phase and the priest spam group heals.

Should all be possible with your gear if the priest is not way under your gear level.

Cheers!
skaggi

Vidus
10-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to get those enchants done. My other problem currently is actually gold, since I don't do dailies that often. But I'll try to work some in and get those enchants down.

Vidus

uglybbtoo
10-13-2009, 09:38 AM
If you dont like doing dailies put a 5 man grp together and smash old instances kara (1hr tops) 150g each, ZA about same. BWL is the most profitable but does require learning.