PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys I need some help and advice

Icarusexile
10-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Hey Guys

I need some help and advice please I'm a lvl 80 warrior tank on Scarsheild legion. I 'v been 80 for a while now (this is my first char) and i seem to be having some what of a hard time hold agro. So I was wondering if you guys could suggest a good rotation that would help me hold agro. The rotation i'm currentley using is this Charge sheild bash heroic strike deverstate heroic strike deverstate sheild bash deverstate heroic strike thunder clap heroic strike concussion blow heroic strike then I start rotation over this is of course for when i'm tanking single mobs. When tanking groups i change it slightly by using thunder clap after charge.

Also could you guys give me a heads up on what gyphs i should be using and can you suggest a good tps meter addon.

I look forward to reading your replys

Icarus

Griff
10-12-2009, 03:03 PM
There are already a number of posts here that talk about your priority system for which abilities to use - warriors don't have a rotation any more, but prioritize their abilities based on cooldowns and procs. Shield slam is still king.

For multimob pulls, make sure to keep shockwave/thunderclap on CD.

If you post your armory link, it'll help us.

Icarusexile
10-12-2009, 11:57 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Icarusexile) hope this is what you mean

madocks
10-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Ok, for a start shield bash smells, use shield slam, youll find a truck load more threat from slam vs bash... heres a few things I do, maybe its bad, maybe its not....

Conc blow also smells, your limitting your dmg in, and also limitting your rage. Most bosses are immune to conc blow so its wasted rage.

You havent mentioned cleave or shockwave for multimob tanking??

Before you charge, what are you tanking? are they spell casters? are they melee? spell reflection is great for ae tanking casters

By the looks of your post you havent read any of the guides on here, to full understand threat generation go and have a read. It will not only help you on threat, it will help in other areas of tanking also

Griff
10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Your spec is a bit non-traditional.

1/2 rend is no good.
You don't need anger management
3/3 Deep wounds is better than 4/5 cruelty
Safeguard has little utility

Gearwise - you've got some issues here too.

You need to change your meta to the austere earthsiege diamond (2% armor value+armored to the teeth wins not to mention the mitigation provided by the armor)

Shoulders: You've got a dps enchant, not a tank enchant on your shoulders, get the pvp enchant or the Sons of Hodir enchant.

+65 AP on your sword is non-ideal. Accuracy, blood draining, bladeward or even titanium weapon chain please.

Why no engineer 'chants?

Icarusexile
10-13-2009, 04:10 PM
The reason for no Engineer chants is because i was told in game that they were worthless and no good for any tank in fact was told to retrain to Blacksmithing. Also i was told that there was no need to worry about defence rating after I'd hit 540 as this was the cap and no need to go higher. So hense the Dps chant on shoulders.Thank you for your help so far Griff and Madocks

Thundergnome
10-14-2009, 08:08 AM
1. Fix your spec: You don't even have vigilance!? Check out mine as a template if you like or search this website (sorry, don't have time to look it up for your atm).
2. Fix your glyphs: Glyph of Heroic strike and glyph of sunder armor is worthless... replace them. Get glyph of vigilance and glyph of blocking.
3. Fix your gems: Get rid of the agi/stam gem in your belt and put a pure stam in there. There is no need to gem for dodge/parry yet, this will come with gear. Put a stam gem in your gun. Follow also what Griff suggested for meta and enchants.

Although technically you don't need to go higher then 540 defence, the more you have the more overall avoidance it gives you. Also, once you start replacing pieces of gear you may notice that your rating may fluctuate up or down, so its never bad to be over 540.

Addon to monitor threat: Omen
Tanking multiple targets: Tab-target and apply sunders/heroic strike etc, and obviously use shockwave and thunderclap. Don't waste rage using cleave... it generates very little threat by comparison.