PDA

View Full Version : Can u tell me if im doing it the right way?

Dreadd
10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey guys,

I will start with my link,
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Daggerspine&n=Dreadd)

my qeustion is this,
do you think my spec is correct to tank and what do you think is the next best upgrade i need.

im working on the tier head at this moment.
the head gem is wrong i know that but could not find a better one for now :(

i find my self losing way quick aggro to other players, is this because im wrong specced or because im below gear to them.

im tanking with 2 1 handed weapons and think my hit is wayy low im not missing much but still think i did something wrong.

thanx for you're help and sorry for the bad english

greetzz Dreadd

jaydee
10-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Your gear seems to be okay though I can't really say about your weapons. They're both fast one handers so I can't really say as I don't have enough experience DW tanking.

A more important matter is with your talent point allocation. Your build is seriously missing out on threat talents that seriously boost your frost damage:

1. Bladed Armor (you get 600+ extra AP in tank gear + frost presence)
2. Black Ice (more frost damage)
3. Glacier Rot (more frost damage)
4. Guile of the Gorefiend (more crit damage for your primary frost attacks + extra uptime for IBF)
5. Epidemic (the longer your diseases stick, the less runes you need to reapply them, meaning you can spend them instead on Oblit or Howling Blast)

Death Chill is also good for guaranteed crits every once in a while. Macro in your Rune Strikes into your Blood Strike, Plague Strike and Obliterate, so you have one less spell to look out for.

A little more hit would be great.

Wilhem
10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
I might get scorned for this, but to me deathchill is a wasted talent point, do get it. DK's have two taunts if someone pulls aggro, bind them to keys and get used to being ready to use them if threat is an issue... Oh, and don't ever pull with a taunt -- it's a waste of an oh crap button, especially with have AoE happy DPS.

Dreadd
10-15-2009, 04:25 AM
heyya thanx for the q reply guys sorry that i did not awner quicker but work etc.

Jaydee thats correct but because the talents you need for the 2times 1 handed weapons i cant get those talents
and i heard the same about deatchill i used this bloq to spec my dk.

Killing 'em Slowly: Frost DW Tank Spec and Glyphs (3.2) (http://killingemslowly.blogspot.com/2009/08/frost-dw-tank-spec-and-glyphs-32.html)

or els is you're dk a tank maybe i can take you're talents over for offspec
because to be honest i love 2 handeling the mobs xD

And about the macro's
i know a bit like /target ...
but dont know how to make a runstrike attack merge can u give me ya example please?

Again thanx
Dreadd

keebz
10-15-2009, 02:55 PM
I know you are a DW'er but you said you enjoy and would like to tank with a 2H'er in your last post. This is a good 2H Frost tank build:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight#eSQ9ScQlOGAHPAy,wMae3-,10505

Your gear seems fine for the most part, but a little bit of tweaking will help a lot. You said you couldn't find the head meta-gem, but just to make sure, the one you are going for is "Austere Earthsiege Diamond". In your neckpiece, you socketed a +10 strength +15 stamina in a red slot. You are better off going with the +10 stamina +10 dodge, which will also allow you to keep the +6 stamina slot bonus.

You are using the Sigil of the Unfalteriing Knight, which you don't need judging from your defense (554). Get the Sigil of Deflection via Emblems of Conquest. I know you also said you are working towards the Conqueror's Darkruned Faceguard, which will grant you 2PCT8 and +hit rating. The 2PCT8 is 10% increased damage on Rune Strike which will significantly increase your threat.

Speaking about hit - you need it. You want to try to get as close to 263 as possible (for 2H, I believe it's a bit more for DW). You may be missing a few of your attacks which leads to decreased threat. However, on the bright side, you are at 27 expertise which is great (nice job!). This balances it out so that the attacks that do land are not dodged or parried. Do not gem for hit - it will come from gear upgrades and swaps eventually.

On to the Rune Strike -> you said you did not know how to make the macro for it. It is a simple macro that will dramatically increase your threat on both single and multi-target (moreso on single though):

#showtooltip Ability
/cast Ability
/cast Rune Strike

For example:
#showtooltip Obliterate
/cast Obliterate
/cast Rune Strike

Do this for every single ability on your action bar(s) that you use for tanking. Obliterate, Howling Blast, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Strike <- those are key to holding aggro. Now replace the default icon for the attack on your action bars with your newly-created macros (don't worry as #showtooltip will show the description of the ability).

For enchants and gems in general: you have a lot of non-epic gems (specifically +24 stamina as opposed to +30 stamina), which is fine but do keep in mind that you will get a small boost in stamina if you upgrade these. You can run heroics for Emblems of Conquest or PvP in WG/Battlegrounds to buy these uncut (or just off AH). I also see some +8 parry +12 stamina - those are not the optimum gems for those slots. You want to go for +dodge/+stam, but that's not a big issue here yet.

Enchants: You have a couple enchants that can be switched around if you have access to them.

You have +18 stamina on your shoulders which is alright but it would be better if you got the Lesser (or Greater if you're exalted) Inscription of the Pinnacle from the Sons of Hodir.

You have +200 health on your chest which is fine too but you can add 75 more health if you want (really up to you, doesn't matter as much as others) with the Enchant "Super Health - Chest".

You want to get the "Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector" for your head enchant. Your current enchant has a good amount of stamina on it, but once you can get the Arcanum head enchant from the Argent Crusade, it would be helpful (of course, save it for your T8 headpiece, not the one you currently have).

I'm assuming you are not revered with the required factions yet so you don't have these enchants, but they are worth your time to get.

Everything looks great but these small tweaks will help your threat. Please keep in mind that the above information is from the perspective of a 2H DK tank. You can try it out on your offspec like you said you wanted to, but for DW, things will be a little different.

Dreadd
10-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanx guys im triying this out at the moment working on the sons of hodir rep
again thanx for ya time ^^

Dreadd