PDA

View Full Version : 10 man and heroics

nitro
10-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Been 80 for about a week and decided to make tank spec my primary. What is the best spec for tanking 10 mans and heroics? I've heard blood but then I read where frost is nice. If someone could post a couple links to some DK tank builds and maybe suggestions on rotations I would greatly appreciate it.

nitro
10-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Anyone? Maybe I didn't post the right questions, not sure I'm new here.

keebz
10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
If you just turned 80, I would say go Frost. It has the tools necessary for you to keep aggro without relying on your gear for threat as much as Blood or Unholy. It also is nice for mitigation/avoidance when you're just starting out.

This is, in my opinion, the universal tank spec (courtesy of EJ):
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight#eSQ9ScQlOGAHPAy,wMae3-,10505

Stay Frost and get a feel for DK tanking - it is much more forgiving than the other two specs.

nitro
10-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the advice, as far as rotation goes with this spec? I haven't been frost at all so not very experienced with it.

keebz
10-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Well if you are going the Glyph of HB route (I highly suggest it until you are more comfortable with DK tanking), its the same as in most other threads:

Single: HB - (optional PS for extra threat [bosses]) - BS - BS - OB
with Frost Strikes when possible to dump RP.

AoE: HB - BB - BB - Obliterate and repeat with RP dumps as necessary
You can throw a DND after the first HB if it is a very large group and you have a few doubts.

Wilhem
10-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Rune Strike every chance you can, ensure you keep 20RP at all times so you can pop Rune Strike if it procs. Other than that do the Frost Strike thing.

Also, I prefer Icy Touch > Plague Strike > Pestilence > Blood Boil > HB for large groups, I DnD if I know the DPS is going to jump on the AoE early.