PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Threat Problems

Kař
10-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Here I go. I've been collection dust with my warrior for the 1,5 months or so. Anyway, I started to get some action on it recently. And the first thing I actually noticed is that a really do suck ass.

I mean I see pally's getting ~7k single target TPS and I can barely make 6k without an excellent Vigilance target. What the hell am I doing wrong? I do have some low geared wep and shield but...

Here goes my rotation and priority list; SS, Revenge, Concussion Blow, Shockweave, Devastate. And for the aggro dumps HS ofc, tho i've been kinda lazy with it. Could that be the reason for my low TPS? (at least I think it absurdly low compared to others).

My Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Ka%C3%BD)

I've tried the Deep Wound spec and didn't like it :< I want to hear what do people use? Do you find it a good TPS increase?

And to the last point; my glyphs. Currently going with Blocking, Vigilance and Shield Wall. I mostly tank Uldu10 and such. I do change my trinkets usually for more stamina.

Anyways, thats all I have for you today.. GIEF OPINIONS and ADVICE!

-Kař

krc
10-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Your rotation is the best for damage but if you want maximum threat Use SS>Devastate. Make sure you are spamming HS all the time.

Deepwounds will drastically increase your threat. On patchwerk it gives me about a 8% damage increase which is also going to increase your threat making it in my opinion worth it. To get it I would get rid of Improved Revenge since if you are going for max TPS its not worth getting. It is probably also worth getting rid of Focused Rage to get Deepwounds aswell.

For your Glyphs I would replace Glyph of Vigilance with Glyph of Devastate http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/53864-3-2-threat-values-devastate.html the threat you are going to get with it is most of the time outweighing that you gain from Glyph of Vigilance.

Unless you are having problems with the dps passing you on the threat meter I wouldn't worry about it too much, but all of these things will help you incase you do.

Thaak
10-10-2009, 02:09 PM
First off, warrior threat is balanced around correctly using vigilance. If you aren't using vigilance, or aren't putting it on the highest threat member of your raid, your threat will suffer. Remember, you can change your vigilance target during combat, so if someone is creeping up on you, switch to them. Typically I'll vigilance a hunter in my raid, yes he can feign death, but he typically generates the most threat, so its the largest threat gain for me.

Second, DeepWounds is a HUGE threat gain(and not too shabby for DPS either). You may say well its based off of crits, and i have a dismal crit rate, but you have to remember, most of your core abilities gain copious amount of crit from talents. Incite, Critical Block, and SnB boost SS, Dev, HS, TC, and cleave all by 15% additional crit.

Third, HS is another HUGE component of warrior threat. Don't be lazy. In addition to providing extra TPS, it provides a significant DPS boost as well. First it turns a white hit into a yellow hit, making it unable to be a glancing blow. Second it adds the bonus damage listed in the tooltip. Third it adds 15% crit to that swing from Incite. Fourth it adds the innate threat of HS. If you aren't maximizing your DPS while tanking then you aren't helping your raid. You can agrue that if you want, but when you see the last member of the raid die, and the boss has 50k hp left, you'll know what i'm talking about. If you're having trouble, just bind HS to the scroll wheel on your mouse and go to town.

I looked at your armory, but it has you logged out in a weird mix of dps/tank gear, so i won't comment on gear. However unless you have safeguard for some specific encounter I would drop that as it has VERY limited uses.

Any question, feel free to ask.

luv2tank
10-10-2009, 02:29 PM
for your spec-1 MAJOR thing is you arent spec'd into improved revenge. Revenge is huge threat bonus and hits for a ton. Drop safeguard, drop focused rage. I see no point for reduction for rage pts on anything these days and you can use it for a longer commanding shout for your raid or shield specialization. 100% rage on dodge/parry/block will make up for that 1 pt in focused rage. I really hope you are not tanking in that gear. Im assuming(praying) you logged in that on purpose.

Put your priorities first, SS and revenge whenever they are up, concussion blow for initial threat and shockwave are your friends-use them as soon as they are off cd. Glyph of devastatae is unbelievable in my opinion for threat. I used to use glyph of revenge as well so i get the free HS after a revenge is landed. Now i go for more survivability. Devastate when your ss and revenge are down and HS spam when u have full rage. Id say leave about 20 rage left so you can still do other abilities.

krc
10-10-2009, 06:33 PM
@luv2tanks if he is going for max threat than there is no reason for him to go for Improved Revenge since it is surpassed by Devastate, and btw Improved Revenge only increases base damage not the full damage making it not nearly as good as you think it is.

Why would you use Glyph of Revenge, you say there is no point getting Focused Rage but you should get Glyph of Revenge, Glyph of Revenge is a total waste when are you going to be too rage starved to get a HS off other than a 5 man? And yes that is his dps gear if you look at the current spec he is using. With the Devastate buff in 3.2 it now does more threat than Revenge and if he is going for maximum threat it makes it irrelevant.

He's probably not having threat problems in his current spec because he recently changed it to my suggestions and hasn't responded since.

Dhalphir
10-10-2009, 07:06 PM
what kind of bizarro world do you live in where Devastate outdamages Revenge?

krc
10-10-2009, 07:08 PM
I never said Devastate out damaged Revenge, it out threats it which is what Kay's main concern is. My rotation is SS>Revenge>Concussion Blow/SW>Devastate because I am not having threat problems so I go for damage but he is saying he is having threat problems so for max threat Devastate tops Revenge.

luv2tank
10-11-2009, 12:25 AM
i am telling you what i do. Honestly, i am never rage starved since 3.2 w/ 5/5 imp. shield specialization. Are you kidding me, i could honestly macro HS to every attack I have and not be rage starved in 90% of any encounter i face now. As for glyph of revenge, it gives you a "FREE" HS after using a revenge-this makes no rage cost.

Honestly, i dont even glyph revenge anymore, i glyph devastate-however I dont even need to. I do 6k tps + in 10/25 raids. Other than that I am only using devastate to fill in times when SS and Revenge aren't up.

@KRC-you know i am only trying to help, and other ppl are giving tips too-stop trolling the forums , this is advice I am putting my 2 cents into in order to help with some of the same threat issues i have had like Kay. He/she can use them for w/e they want.

krc
10-11-2009, 07:08 AM
@KRC-you know i am only trying to help, and other ppl are giving tips too-stop trolling the forums , this is advice I am putting my 2 cents into in order to help with some of the same threat issues i have had like Kay. He/she can use them for w/e they want.

I honestly don't see how I am trolling. You are giving your opinions on Improved Revenge and Glyph of Revenge, I am my giving my opinion on Improved Revenge and Glyph of Revenge.

If I offended you I am sorry I didn't mean too offend you I just disagreed with you and was showing my reasoning as to why I disagreed with you. I'm just trying to advice Kay the same way you are.

Kař
10-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Wow, thank you for all the answers indeed :) I did indeed spec back into deep wounds and changed my glyphs a bit. It was a misclick not taking 5/5 imp shield and I fixed that soon :)

My current spec and gear are now normal I think and can be viewed. Also another thing I have to say is that the old saying "You're probably not Heroic Striking enough" was true for me. Binding HS properly and using it more really gave me a TPS boost.

@Thaak: Thank you indeed for the reminder and made me more confident that I don't need to do insane TPS without a good vigi target.

@luv2tank: Indeed, that was a weird mix of my currently in progress dps gear and tank gear. Current one is now there :) And like krc there, I don't either see the point in getting the glyph or the talent.. however I'll check it out sometime and compare a bit :)

@krc: Thank you for all the opinions and other :) I did as you first suggested and replaced the glyph and got a nice TPS boost already :)

Overall, I appreciate all of your advices but I found krc's tips most useful so his is the best answer :) Thanks to everybody tho!

-Kař