PDA

View Full Version : Bears and Stamina

Bovinity
10-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Ok, so I'm not sure if this is a "Help me tank!" post so much as a question on stats and whatnot, but here goes anyway.

Here's my armory link, FYI: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug%27thol&n=Bovinity)

Raid buffed my stats according to Rawr (And they're pretty close):

HP: 57057
Armor: 34252 (Assuming no stoneskin totem or Imp. Devo Aura)
Dodge: 46.940%
Miss: 5.582%
AP: 7945
Crit: ~45% or so.

My problem is that - as much as I love the high HP and the raid spots it gets me since I only pug and that's all people see - it just doesn't feel optimal.

At what point - assuming I MT ToGC 10/25 (Well, I'd LIKE to be doing ToGC 25, that is. 10's easy to get a pug for, 25 not so much.) should I stop stacking this darn stamina? I've bought things like Glyph of Indomitability and I've got a good chunk of agi and agi/sta gems sitting around....but bears scale so damn well off stamina that every time I swap out even a little bit, the resulting drop in HP makes me go, "Jeebus, stupid stamina."

And it's not as though my mitigation stats are suffering horribly or something from being a "stamina stacker"...seems like I have plenty of armor and a good amount of total avoidance. Over 51% effective avoided attacks.

Bleh...sounds like I already know the answer to my question, so maybe I'm just venting at this point about the one-dimensional stat allocation. Just wondering if maybe someone else has some insight that'll either make me feel better about being such a stamina stacker or have some top-end raid advice on when it's enough. ;)

Dects
10-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Ok, so I'm not sure if this is a "Help me tank!" post so much as a question on stats and whatnot, but here goes anyway.

Here's my armory link, FYI: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug%27thol&n=Bovinity)

Raid buffed my stats according to Rawr (And they're pretty close):

HP: 57057
Armor: 34252 (Assuming no stoneskin totem or Imp. Devo Aura)
Dodge: 46.940%
Miss: 5.582%
AP: 7945
Crit: ~45% or so.

My problem is that - as much as I love the high HP and the raid spots it gets me since I only pug and that's all people see - it just doesn't feel optimal.

At what point - assuming I MT ToGC 10/25 (Well, I'd LIKE to be doing ToGC 25, that is. 10's easy to get a pug for, 25 not so much.) should I stop stacking this darn stamina? I've bought things like Glyph of Indomitability and I've got a good chunk of agi and agi/sta gems sitting around....but bears scale so damn well off stamina that every time I swap out even a little bit, the resulting drop in HP makes me go, "Jeebus, stupid stamina."

And it's not as though my mitigation stats are suffering horribly or something from being a "stamina stacker"...seems like I have plenty of armor and a good amount of total avoidance. Over 51% effective avoided attacks.

Bleh...sounds like I already know the answer to my question, so maybe I'm just venting at this point about the one-dimensional stat allocation. Just wondering if maybe someone else has some insight that'll either make me feel better about being such a stamina stacker or have some top-end raid advice on when it's enough. ;)

I think your fine stacking stam now. You have enough crit and armor and dodge that you can stack stam. Alot of people stack stam when they dont have enough dodge/agi/ dodge and they lose alot of tps cause of it or they die to quick.

I think if you can quick aggro from your raid and your tps is good then I say go ahead and keep stacking stam. Unless of course you want to get to 50% dodge which is the cap last I heard.

geros
10-10-2009, 06:08 AM
I think if you are never planning on doing the heroic versions of either ToC 57k is plenty and you could likely afford to gem/enchant some items for agi if they are shared in the cat set. In my limited experience in the later hardmodes in ulduar and the heroic version of ToC I've never really thought to myself "I think I could use less stamina", and I have a feeling that will continue with ICC.

Bovinity
10-10-2009, 08:22 AM
I think if you are never planning on doing the heroic versions of either ToC 57k is plentyOh no, I do ToGC 10 weekly (Have made it to Anub with 47-50 attempts up, but group always falls apart there, darn pugs.) and occasionally get into a ToGC 25, but rarely can tanks make it past Gormok. =(

Miagorme
10-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, grats on pugging that far! That's pretty impressive.

I'm not a druid tank, but if your health is at 57k, I think it's okay that your avoidance is at 51%. That just means that you'll get hit, but with that much health, you can take those hits easily.

Barta
10-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Honestly, the only thing that I notice, looking at your armory is that your expertise is pretty low. Stacking stam also seems fine to me, its hard to go wrong with stam. I assume you're running Onyxia25 every week, the Reinforced Thunderstrike is slightly better than the weapon you've got, and has 71 expertise to boot. I'm usually running similar stats in a fully buffed raid, though I often use the armor trink over my second stam trink. I still usually have 54k hp buffed, but I am also running 41 expertise. Just a thought.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Crushridge&n=Barta)

Bovinity
10-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah, expertise items are refusing to come along it seems. ><

One of the pitfalls of pugging is having to explain what "bear leather" is every time. Generally if an item has a lot of AP/Crit/Expertise/Hit everyone deems it "Rogue leather" and it gets defaulted to them, grrrr.

I'll look into the polearm from Onyxia, sounds like a plan. ;) Looks like it'll be difficult to even get to roll on unless I lead the raid though, heheh. I've already had to argue my case for getting the Twins' Pact to begin with, first one that I saw drop went to a hunter instead!