PDA

View Full Version : What can I do to improve?

Eek
10-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. Anyway, I have been searching all over Google, EJ, even here and I believe I have done everything I can to maintain Expertise, Hit, and more importantly, TPS.

If any warrior (or anyone who is knowledgable in this field) can give me advice and things I should change, glyphs, talents, etc. That would be very much appreciated. I can do high amounts of threat but I feel like it can be higher. In talents, I am thinking of respeccing it and taking the one point out of Imp Revenge and putting into Gag order for 2/2. I hear Revenge isnt that important post 3.2. I believe my gear is fine, just anything.. ANYTHING, that I could improve on would be great.

Also, how do I know what type of tanking gear is better threat? is it as simple as more strength in the gear = more threat? People are telling me my gear isnt much threat.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mok%27Nathal&n=Eekumpokeum)

MellvarTank
10-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Check out WarTotems thread and spreadsheet on Warrior DPS/TPS totals. I wish I could check out the armory, but can't right now (I'm at work). The spreadsheet he made should help you out though.

General suggestion: Spam HS in an infinite rage scenario, use devastate/revenge/shield slam like crazy and thunderclap/shouts. Tab target on multiple mobs, should get you where you need to be threat wise, but again... I can't look at glyphs/talents at the moment.

Eek
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for your input, thats the rotation I do haha. Like the saying goes "Youre probably not Heroic Striking enough", I definately am to blow off that excess rage! Thanks again!

Griff
10-09-2009, 12:46 PM
If I was you, I'd play with your spec a little. You're leaving some threat on the table with 1/2 gag order and you might want to swap your revenge glyph out with devastate as its presently doing good things for threat. Also, the vigilance glyph is also pretty handy for fights that have high threat requirements.

Finally, you might want to look into a threat trinket - that brewfest doesn't do much for you other than boost your stam pool.

nethervoid
10-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Well I didn't have time to properly analyze your talents, because I'm at work and trying to be discrete. lol But one piece of low hanging fruit is to drop glyph of revenge and pick up glyph of devastate.

Eravian
10-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Hmm... what kind of threat are you pulling now? There was a discussion about this on another post, and 5-7k tps was the general consensus or average for threat. If that's about were you're coming in, you can still do more tps, but probably would have to give up survivability to do so.
One big tip that can help a lot, though, especially on single target fights, is to figure out which of the dpsers is generating a lot of threat, and slap Vigilance on them. Not only do they have to worry less about aggro, but you get extra aggro to boot.

Squirrelnut
10-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Why did you pickup an off-set piece for shoulders? I am a fan of shoulder/hands for the 2pc T9 bonus and off-set stuff for the rest since 4pc is meh

Why are you worrying about threat so much? Good skill prioritization is probably the most important thing with everything keybound and HS spam whenever possible. You already have a deep wounds spec so just make sure you have your rotation priorities figured out, spam HS and have a good target for Vigilance.

EDIT: I don't like your glyph choices, if you are going to take the 2 talent points and use them for Imp Disciplines then it is silly to not take the Shield Wall glyph. Also in most content rage is less of an issue these days so replace the glyph of revenge with glyph of devastate as that is a nice bonus to your threat as well as getting 5 sunders up quicker to increase raid DPS. If you really need 2 minute cooldowns you can keep your glyph of last stand or you could consider switching it to a glyph of taunt to take care of tank swaps while allowing you to use more ToC gear upgrades that are low on hit.

EDIT2: Imp Thunderclap is one of our main talents, don't skip points in that, put the full 3 in. It will improve both survivability and your threat.

Eek
10-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Yes, I do on average 5-7k TPS, more than that most of the time to about 8k, but when I see the pally tank do it, I see on my omen like 10k... D:. Just those darn mages make it difficult lol. I will be respeccing my talents, putting in a full 3 in TC and in gag order 2/2, taking out the improved disciplines talents and replacing the revenge with dev glyph. Thanks a lot!

::EDIT:: Oh I got the triumph emblem shoulders over the tier ones because it had more strength than the conquest ones. That means more threat right? Also,I didnt have a trophy so couldnt opt for the triumph 245 shoulders.