PDA

View Full Version : war tank getting burst down?

eradikater
10-09-2009, 07:15 AM
WoWarmory : The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Rivendare&n=Eradikater)

Seems like the healers in the guild are saying im getting "burst" down to fast. I understand the mechanics of shield wall / shield block and use them when needed. Is it my gear thats causing these bursts? Do i need to go more of a shield blocking? I also have other gear in my inv to change out if needed.

I seen a thread on here about block / avoid so i ran some macros.

script dr=function(x)return 1/(1/16+0.9560/x)end;DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance() +5+dr(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/122.962)))

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Total avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

/run local b,d,p,r,a=GetBlockChance(),GetDodgeChance(),GetPar ryChance(),GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) a=1/(.0625+.956/(r/122.9625)) ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable: %.2f%% Avoidance: %.2f%% Defense %+.0f rating",b+d+p+5+a,d+p+5+a,r-689))

77.02 / 56.83 and +55 def

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Eradikater

drae
10-09-2009, 07:20 AM
What specific encounter are you having problems with?

eradikater
10-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Nothing that i can see off hand. We can clear 25 man toc easy. Doing hardmode 10 man toc is where they say im getting burst down at. I dont think i am, i read the logs and ill see hits like 14k and ill be dead. But they insist its burst dmg on me.

eradikater
10-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Should i revamp to a shield block set?

MellvarTank
10-09-2009, 10:18 AM
TOC has a lot of un-mitigateable damage, that's why most of the T9 gear is avoidance. Don't go block set, go avoidance in that raid.

eradikater
10-09-2009, 10:48 AM
as my current gear, do you see any problems with it?

Squirrelnut
10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
As a prot warrior block still isn't worth it in 99% of fights. If you have a block set for ad tanking on the anub'arak fight that's great but it has nothing to do with your normal set.

With that said here is what I would recommend for you:
- Get the Tier shoulders for your 2pc bonus and better stats then the block piece you have now
- Respec to either Threat: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhZMItrx0didIzsGo:TcimMz) or Progression: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZhiZVItrx0didIzsGo:TcimMz)
- Enchant your weapon for either EH: blood draining, Avoidance: blade ward or Threat: accuracy
- Dump some def/stam gems for 30stam instead, more health ftw and you are well over def minimum
- Replace the Eitrigg trinket for something like Juggernaut's Vitality, Heart of Iron, 10m yogg trink
-

Ulyessa
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm going to agree with Squirrelnut here...I see this raid regularly as MT and OT as my Prot warrior and every week as my Disc priest. When I'm healing on the disc priest I usually run with another guild in the 25mans to help out, they have a warrior tank thats more dodge than EH and he drops constantly because you just can't keep up with incoming damage on him (Mainly Gormok and Twins.)

having the EH (mainly STM in your case) would transform your tanking and relax your healers alot, your gear and profs combined with alot of +30 STM Gems (make sure you keep a purple for the META Gem) would transform your tanking on 99% of the fights.

Gonna repeat what Squirrel said, the weapon enchant and trinket I'd change for sure (I feel like a Parrot)

If you like the avoidance ( Iknow I do.) Pick up the Quel from Ony10 or 25 and put Blade Ward on it...hell its worth it for the Armor proc too. I'll link my armory for you to spy at (I'm not great but my stuff works for me on most of the bosses.)

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Ulyessa)

Uly

Ulyessa
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Removed!

eradikater
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
sweet thanks for the help. I was actually in the process of changing my gear during this thread. Take another look at my gear. Just need to add the stam enchant to my bracers then i mgood. At 38.5k unbuffed now. Whys all the new gear in toc have high avoid?

Griff
10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
EH and avoidance are the king and queen of H-Toc 10/25

Squirrelnut
10-09-2009, 02:26 PM
EH and avoidance are the king and queen of H-Toc 10/25
I thought that was Ciderhelm & Satrina :D

MellvarTank
10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
I thought that was Ciderhelm & Satrina :D

I thought Ciderhelm & Satrina were the king/queen of Tanking vids and pwning tank n00bs?