PDA

View Full Version : Gear improvement pre-raid

Kuraf
10-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Heya,

I've recently got my prot warrior to 80 and i've been gearing him up to do some raids. So far i've OT'ed VoA10 and OT'ed Jaraxxus, Faction Champs and Twin Valks (pug failed there due to lack of tactics understanding by most members in raid).

Experience wise, I know all the tacts up to anub (both 10 and 25 man) as a healer (main char is resto shammy).

Anyway, back to the warrior... Atm I dunno where would be the best place to get gear improvements. I'm currently running Daily HC every time I can and I also do ToC HC each day. I usually don't farm HCs for emblems which makes it slower to get the 2nd T8.5 piece.

Armory link: Fierceblow

My server is low/medium pop and it's not that common to be able to find group for Naxx to get some goodies/tanking experience and/or tokens.

Any suggestions on what I should do? And do you think i'd be able to tank Onyxia10 or VoA25?

Cheers

jafager
10-09-2009, 06:35 AM
I usually don't farm HCs for emblems which makes it slower to get the 2nd T8.5 piece.

You should be farming heroics for emblems. That will provide the single biggest jump in your gear level. Raid the Conquest vendor for everything you can get (you might want to skip the pants), then go to the Valor vendor and start getting stuff from there.

Kuraf
10-09-2009, 06:52 AM
You should be farming heroics for emblems. That will provide the single biggest jump in your gear level. Raid the Conquest vendor for everything you can get (you might want to skip the pants), then go to the Valor vendor and start getting stuff from there.

My main problem regarding HC farming is time issues (due to work). I only got time to properly "farm" them during the weekend.

I've also considered crafting Spiked Deathdealers (my main has enough EoCs to get the runed orbs) to improve my gear a bit.
Regarding raiding the Valor vendor, I think the only thing worthwhile there is the Signet of the Impregnable Fortress (imho).

Another piece of important info is that today i'll prolly hit 31 EoTs and I guess i'll pick up the T9 shoulders.

Any suggestions for specific gear is always helpful :)

Firstprime
10-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Valor bracers are also nice, and are boe.

Griff
10-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Slap a defense enchant on your chest and you can trade one of those rare quality defense gems for stam for a net gain. Defense on your cloak would provide similar benefit.

The crafted boots and belt are both an upgrade for you.

Also, you know you don't have to follow socket bonuses, right?

Kuraf
10-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah i know that (about socket bonuses) and the orange gem is there just for the Meta bonus (needs 2 blue and 1 red).

Rest of the bonuses are either def or stam so it's not all that bad to get 'em (imho)

Kuraf
10-12-2009, 04:48 AM
Minor gear upgrade (t9 shoulders - tokens only and new wrists).

Wondering if this gear would be enough for ulduar10 (MT or OT)?