PDA

View Full Version : OT/ MT Talents

Musicacbx
10-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Ok so in the guild I am in the raid group has two Paladin tanks.

This makes for some mana issues on some fights.

This is my armory

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellfire&n=Musicacbx)

This is the other tanks armory

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellfire&n=Cyberknigh)

Could someone make a suggestion so we can varey are specs for maximum preformance when working togeather.

I OT the most and have mana issues was hoping suggestions could be made for that.

Hope someone can help

Daereg
10-09-2009, 05:34 AM
You probably don't need Glyph of Holy Light. Get Spiritual Attunement glyph.
Spec out of Heart of the Crusader, get a ret pala(if you have an active one) to do it for you, spec into benediction, spec out of raid-save if you find you're not using too often.
Manas never really an issue for me Pala-Tanking & Off-Tanking bar on General Vezax, and even then its just above average. Not sure why you'd be getting problems. Really you need to be tanking and getting healed to get mana back properly, otherwise its just judgement of wise and divine plea.

Musicacbx
10-09-2009, 09:28 AM
You probably don't need Glyph of Holy Light. Get Spiritual Attunement glyph.
Spec out of Heart of the Crusader, get a ret pala(if you have an active one) to do it for you, spec into benediction, spec out of raid-save if you find you're not using too often.
Manas never really an issue for me Pala-Tanking & Off-Tanking bar on General Vezax, and even then its just above average. Not sure why you'd be getting problems. Really you need to be tanking and getting healed to get mana back properly, otherwise its just judgement of wise and divine plea.

dont think you get me im not takin dmg cos theres nothing to tank sort of thing.

Bashal
10-09-2009, 09:33 AM
dont think you get me im not takin dmg cos theres nothing to tank sort of thing.

Really you need to be tanking and getting healed to get mana back properly, otherwise its just judgement of wise and divine plea.

If there's a fight with no adds, go retribution. If the adds are only up periodically, don't blow your mana dpsing as prot on the boss -- save your mana for when the adds come.

Insahnity
10-09-2009, 10:12 AM
You folks both have the wrong idea on Improved Judgements. Regardless of how you spec, you need to have only one point in there (not none, not two).

Having Holy Light glyph as a prot pally doesn't give the warm and fuzzy either. You both need Glyph of Seal of Vengeance.

The #1 place to start with mana issues is Divine Plea (DP) uptime. You *have* to be consciously keeping up DP with either HotR or white hits. Glyph of Spiritual Attunement is just a crutch for not having proper DP uptime or keeping up Judgement of Wisdom.

As mentioned earlier, the OT can temporarily switch from Seal of Vengeance to Seal of Wisdom for a little extra mana at the cost of threat, but keep an eye on your threat if you do so.