PDA

View Full Version : Gormok troubles

Yamoto
10-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Here is my armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tanaris&n=Yamoto)

Ok...where to begin....

I use the standard SS > Rev > Dev > CB > SW rotation...try to refresh thunderclap and demo shout roughly every 20 sec.

On 25H Gormok (3 tank 2 stack rotation) , just before I taunt, I pop SB. Roughly 1-2 sec before impale I pop SW. Next go round I pop Last Stand and regen together for the impale.

Ive tanked it successfully before although we couldnt get past the worms (too many DPS die). But last week for some reason, I just kept getting gibbed...

I'm suspecting it was th enew palli healer who DCed like every pull, but best double check.

any ideas?

Pappakeno
10-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Sounds like the Snobolds aren't getting killed so that the boss gains multiple stacks of the damage inc. buff allowing the tanks to be more or less oneshotted if the melee and impale tick tiggers at the same time.

Also you shouldn't need to use LS or SW in the first rotations of tanks, I've found that it's most usable the second time you tank since by then there's a bigger chance for someone to mess upp with the Snowbolds.

Tengenstein
10-09-2009, 04:43 AM
if this is on non-heroic, disarm him before he lands an impale on you to stop him using impale for 10 seconds untalented, and slightly reduce his melee dps too. on a 25 man you should be able to use disarm then shield block, the first time round, then shield block disarm the second time round, then if you do need to go a third time roundanother shield wall and a trinket or last stand/enraged regeneration if you must, and then reapeat until he dies, though i wouldn't expect the need to go round the tanks more than three times.

if you are having to pop cooldowns for gormok then something wrong, either you need more tanks, or more healers. i aslo recall they're s a bug with northrend beasts that likes to D/C peeps.

Mookey
10-09-2009, 05:16 AM
- Go 2 tanks
- Do 2 4 4 2 2 impale rotation with 2x clearing of bleed
- You are not having good inspiration-a-like procs on all 3 tanks. Should call for prehealing aswel. Steelbreaker hm is pretty good practice for this fight, I see you haven't done it, healers learn there to preheal tanks.
- Use 12 sec duration CD before 3rd impale on both tanks, couple it with few external CDs here and there... and you are fine, your gear is matching it for sure... Use bit more armor, drop bit expertise.