PDA

View Full Version : Check my Talents

maximoss
10-08-2009, 02:45 PM
i wana know how my talents look, if there good for tanking or not, they were based off of another person on my server that was a great tank just wanted to get a check of them.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&cn=Maximoss&gn=TMF+Depository)

krc
10-08-2009, 02:55 PM
That's a pretty good build for survival but if it's your only tanking spec I would definitely take 2 points out of Improved Revenge and put them in Damage Shield.

Another thing that could be done is 2 points out of Focused Rage and put them in shield specialization, that extra 3 rage on avoidance completely kills the chance of getting rage starved while Focus Rage still leaves a small opportunity. I also think switching points from Cruelty to Armored to the Teeth is a very good idea.

Since you already have Improved Disciplines I think it's definitely worth getting Glyph of Shield Wall, my reasoning is that Glyph of Cleave is only useful on trash while 2 minute Shield Walls are extremely good when it comes to increasing your survival.

And finally I think it would be beneficial to switch Either Glyph of Blocking or Devastate to Glyph of Last Stand unless you are having threat problems. Glyph of Devastate offers more threat than Blocking while Glyph of Blocking adds some survivability also.

Griff
10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Checking out other tanks to see what they are doing is a great place to start, but its also important that you understand your spec and why you spend the points the way you do.

Your current spec isn't ideal - its sort of a survival spec, but you didn't take 5/5 deflection and you did take 3/5 cruelty. Based on your gear, you're probably running primarily heroics, naxx and OS runs so I'd be looking at a threat spec such as a 15/3/53 build instead. Armored to the teeth is a good talent to pick up as is another point in focused rage.

Glyphs look okay and your enchants (when you've got your gear enchanted) look pretty good for the most part. What's up with your legs though? Is the better leg armor that much more?

Some things you can fix on your gear:

Helmet: BC-era epic stam gem in your hat? The blue quality WotLK gems are better
Cloak: Defense/Armor/Agility
Chest: Defense/275 health
Wrist: 40 stam and add a socket, you're a blacksmith.
Mittens: Armsman and again, socket those gloves!
Belt: Change that yellow defense gem out for a stam gem.
Legs: 55 stam 22 agil enchant please

If you fix these things and splurge on some epic stam gems, you'll add as much as 2,000 to your health pool.