PDA

View Full Version : Tankadin advice

Argathoth
10-08-2009, 10:07 AM
hey guys im new to this site and i need some advice on my spec, gemming and enchants and what i should be raiding and stuff like that.
well here is my armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&n=Argathoth). thanks in advance!:D

jere
10-09-2009, 07:06 AM
In general your spec is good. I would suggest that you at least take 2 points out of conviction and put them into Vindication. It is a really powerful talent and you won't always have the luxury of a warrior or some other class putting it up for you (multimob boss encounters for example).

I personally would take one point out of Spiritual Attunement and move it into crusade, that really isn't a big deal if you don't.

Generally gearing is pretty good. You obviously need to run more heroics to get badges for better gear, but I can see you are just starting on that. Focus on easy heroics with large badge return (gundrak and nexus for example are both fast and 5 badges). There is a better libram via Conquest badges (Libram of Sacred Shield), but I would work on replacing your blue items first. Also, farm normal 5man ToC (not heroic) for the stamina trinket there. It is really awesome and has a good armor proc.

Your major glyphs need a lot of work if you plan on raiding. None of them are really raiding glyphs. You should at least have Glyph of Divine Plea and Glyph of Seal of Vengeance for raid tanking. For the 3rd glyph you have the options of Glyph of Hand of Salvation, Glyph of Righteous Defense, Glyph of Judgment, and Glyph of Avenger's Shield (though you could keep your HotR glyph as your third if you really like it). Your minor glyphs are mostly fine. Glyph of Blessing of Wisdom is useless for a tank though. Replace it with something else if you want (though there really aren't a lot of good minor glyphs anyways).

Shoulder Enchant -- Get one! Either build up your inscription or do the Sons of Hodir quest chain and then 2-3 days of dailies to get Honored with them. There is also a pvp related option if you don't want to go those routes.

winterbourne
10-09-2009, 01:36 PM
For the Sons of Hodir, doing the regular daily (Timear foresees), offers the possibility of a Sons of Hodir commendation badge, which you can use to grant 250 rep, so there is another additional way to grind it out.

you can fulfill the regular daily requirement doing the heroic version of that dungeon, so you can continue to amass the conquest emblems.

Oh, and the regular daily ALSO gives you yet another conquest emblem with the commendation badge as well.

Win/win/win!