PDA

View Full Version : HALP! I got a trophy and don't know where to spend it

Reev
10-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I got another trophy tonight and have no idea what to spend it on. I feel like I should replace my lowest iLvl item, which are my Valorous Siegebreaker Gauntlets, but the T9.5 gloves are just so lackluster, and I'd lose 1.5% hit, when I'm already low on hit. I've considered taking them anyway and gemming them with a +20 hit. On the other hand, I never seem to have trouble holding aggro. The pants look the sexiest, but I'm really trepidatious about ditching my Plated Saronite Legs. None of the other upgrades look like much to me.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Reev)

Anyway, there's my armory. Thoughts? Also, any other picking apart wouldn't hurt me. I'm thick skinned. Probably why I'm a tank.

veneretio
10-07-2009, 09:38 PM
The gloves have all three avoidance stats making them far from lackluster. I'd definitely recommend picking them up over the pants or helm, both of which waste itemization on block value.

orcstar
10-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Seeing that you already got two other t9 pieces it's a choice between legs helm and hands.

Your head is already strong, you will lose avoidance stats in favor of bigger blocks. At the moment I don't like bigger blocks so much so I'd keep the helmet you already have.

Then, the saronite plated legguards.
You'd probably lose a tiny bit of avoidance, get bigger blocks and more stamina. Looks like we've got a winner? No. The saronite plated legguards have a big chunk of bonus armor, which I value high. Not so clear cut as the helmet but I'd keep them for now.

Then the hands, you would gain a big chunk of avoidance more stamina and more armor. Only thing you lose is hit.

And who needs hit? At the level you're fighting, it's about single or dual target fights. If you're tanking 1 mob, only thing you need to do is keep aggro, hit helps but isn't really needed if you're doing 9k or 10k tps doesn't matter if your highest dps does 8k tps.

For picking up adds and taunts hit is more important. I'd suggest when on add-duty, keep a more hit oriented set adds often don't hit as hard as the boss so you can gear down and on fights where taunts are important reglyph for a glyph of taunt, material price of glyphs is like 5 gold so reglyphing won't kill you if you know a friendly scribe.

In the end....get the hands, it's a solid choice. (I use Vivid Eye of Zul - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40166) for my yellow sockets these days.)

Shortypop
10-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Easy solution - if it's not a major upgrade for you, don't roll on them and let someone else get an upgrade they really want :)

Roarc
10-08-2009, 01:50 AM
- Is it irritating loosing threat stats like hit-rating? Yes
- Are the T9 gloves a massive upgrade to the T8 gloves in all regards but the loss of hit-rating? Yes

You're even comparing an iLvL 219 vs 245 item… Go for the gloves, it's a no-brainer in my opinion! As far as I know there aren't any other T9-level upgrades aside from the tier-tiems (ilvl 232, 245 and 258). After that I'd go for the legs if you haven't already gotten a decent upgrade in that slot. Here you gain +hit and +BV which as both decent threat boosters. Also if threat is such an issue look at swapping out an item or two for +hit (accuracy enchant on weapon for instance + using something like Grim's Toll as a trinket given your EH takes a hit then).

Reev
10-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Yeah, this is a lot of confirmation of what I already knew deep down. I'm just squeamish about dropping so much hit, even though I know it's the right choice. I think part of the issue there for me is that I've been missing a lot of taunts lately, but I can always fix that issue by glyphing for taunt on taunt sensitive fights.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Reev
10-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Easy solution - if it's not a major upgrade for you, don't roll on them and let someone else get an upgrade they really want :)

First, it is a pretty big upgrade for me. The issue was deciding where was the biggest upgrade. Second, I actually didn't roll. It was looted to me on a /random 25. I probably would have rolled for it if we were rolling though.