PDA

View Full Version : Is my gear really that bad?

tihsfolluf
10-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Good day all,

The last few nights i have been trying to get into different pug raids such as Naxx 25/ 25 man VoA/ 10 man Uld. Every time i get gear checked they boot me. I did not thick my gear was that bad.. i do have a few blues left. I will be replacing my shoulders tonight with the triumph emblem ones. Here is a link to my armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Imgunaeatyou) Any in site would be greatly appreciated.

luv2tank
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
uld 10 id say not so much, but naxx 25 should be your main focus. i would just run heroics and the new toc 5man reg farming it up all day. even naxx 10 wouldnt hurt you.

Reev
10-07-2009, 11:38 AM
No, the PuGs kicking you are that bad. Your gear is fine. If you know how to play well, your dps should be excellent for either of the Naxxes or U10. You'd probably get by OK in U25 also if the other players are good.

tihsfolluf
10-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the note back.. i have not done the Reg TOC yet so i probaly should hit that and Htoc for boots.. I thought i had all the emblem of conquest gear i could get.. am i wrong?

tihsfolluf
10-07-2009, 11:41 AM
No, the PuGs kicking you are that bad. Your gear is fine. If you know how to play well, your dps should be excellent for either of the Naxxes or U10. You'd probably get by OK in U25 also if the other players are good.

My DPS in 10 man only comes in around 4k and i was thinking that that was not to bad for a 10 man. Should i be pulling more then 4k with my gear?

Reev
10-07-2009, 11:50 AM
No, you're fine, especially if that 4k is single target, but even if you're pulling 3.3k single target you're doing fine for anything up through Ulduar 10, and a fair amount of Ulduar 25 as well.

The pugs are probably kicking you because they see you have blue shoulders, and PuGs are stupid. Don't worry about it. You'll get something to replace them soon and then people won't have a problem inviting you.

tihsfolluf
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
AHHH..thank you guys so much.. i was starting to get concerned. The commenst make me feel a lot better.I just need to find a guild that does 10 mans.

nethervoid
10-07-2009, 12:48 PM
You actually still have 4 blues, so yeah lot of work yet to be done. Pulling 4k dps is pretty good though. Course a pug can't just take your word for it.

There's a dps trinket in TOC - can't remember if it's reg or H
Not sure if there's a dps badge cloak - There's one for tanking is why I suggest checking
Shoulders - You will be good once you get your T9
Ranged - Toc drops a dps gun - again not sure if reg or heroic

Viridios
10-07-2009, 01:02 PM
You actually still have 4 blues, so yeah lot of work yet to be done. Pulling 4k dps is pretty good though. Course a pug can't just take your word for it.

There's a dps trinket in TOC - can't remember if it's reg or H
Not sure if there's a dps badge cloak - There's one for tanking is why I suggest checking
Shoulders - You will be good once you get your T9
Ranged - Toc drops a dps gun - again not sure if reg or heroic

Trinkets are regular; Black Heart off of boss, Banner of Victory from Paletress [damn you multilevel RNG!]. Good news is, you can run it until you are blue in the face. Bad news is, more and more people don't want to do reg ToC.

luv2tank
10-07-2009, 01:10 PM
if you have gold or emblems to get crusader orbs as well to get some crafted toc gear then def. do so. with the price of runed orbs and crusader orbs so low now, its very easy to get items at 226 level or higher for just the price of gold or farming the daily.