PDA

View Full Version : Am I prepared for ToC10 hero???

Mooma
10-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi everybody, i'm in a guild that can't do 25mans atm. We have done ToC10 without any problem but when trying to do it in hero mode, Gormok wipes the floor with us. He beats really hard, and both me and the other tank (a DK similarly geared) suffer a lot and cannot be kept alive.

This is me:
Mooma Shen'dralar-EU WoW Armory Light (http://www.armory-light.com/eu/Shen'dralar/Mooma/)

I know I can get some easy upgrades, but not too powerful. The good ones are in 25 (which cannot do) or hero. Is my gear enough for ToC hero? Any suggestions on how to improve it? (I have 75 triumph badges right now, but I want the T9.5 trousers and I need the token from 25/hero, a better improvement over the ring and/or axe).

Thanks in advance.

Xianth
10-07-2009, 02:04 AM
The gear you have should be good enough.

Although, I'm not sure why you'd be saving for 9.5 over spending it on 232 stuff as in 10 man you don't get the best set items until you've killed the very last boss, by which time your gear is "good enough". Badges are easy enough to come by once you reach the stage of clearing toc10 and togc10 every week and it's more beneficial for you to have better gear now to get the bosses down (and access to 245 non-set loot) than when you have cleared the instance.

Zothor
10-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree here - I don't think you have the gear for ToC Heroic, and I think you need to spend some more time farming TOC 10 and think a little more carefully about your upgrades. You say the upgrades you can get aren't too powerful, well.. you're not SUPPOSED to get huge upgrades in most slots. You're supposed to collect a bunch of upgrades in different slots so you get more powerefull overall.

There are, in no particular order, at least 5 indisputable upgrades (Several that are, despite your claims, VERY big upgrades for this late stage in the expansion), in TOC 10. There are even significant upgrades in Ulduar 25 and Ulduar 10 Hard Modes, both of which you should have access to either by pugging or with your current group. I'll focus only on the TOC 10 upgrades but frankly, you need some of them.

The two most obvious and biggest ones are the Sword and Shield off Anubarak.
The 232 bracers are an all around upgrade off of Beasts, but if you're serious about progression you should consider the 245 Saronite Swordbreakers, crafted with 4 Crusader Orbs.
The chestpiece, also off Anub, is a no brainer upgrade, as is the ring off Twin Valks.

And while it will cost you a touch of stamina, the boots off twin valks are very well balanced and I consider them an overall upgrade over deathdealers.

I don't mean this sarcastically - I really do want to know your thought process - but how exactly did you expect to have the gear for ToC10 Heroic Mode when you literally aren't wearing a single piece of gear from TOC 10/25 normal mode?

Oh, and get the badge ring. It's awesome.

Griff
10-07-2009, 09:30 AM
If you're going to give it a shot, you might want to spec into a mitigation build with improved demo shout and swap one of those brewfest trinkets for Black Heart - less stam but the proc is worth it.

Gormok is in a lot of ways a gear check for your raid and the fight is reliant on effective cooldown management and good healers.

I agree with the other poster that you should be gearing up a bit in regular before you spend too much time working on ToGC.

Bashal
10-07-2009, 09:36 AM
I think you answered your own question, just in reverse order:

...Is my gear enough for ToC hero?

...when trying to do it in hero mode, Gormok wipes the floor with us...cannot be kept alive.

When put in the correct order, the answer becomes more obvious. ;)

And yes, if you look at individual pieces, they are minor upgrades.

Now: add it all up. It becomes more significant.

Next: add up all the minor upgrades your entire raid can get. More significant. ;)

Reev
10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
I think you answered your own question, just in reverse order:

When put in the correct order, the answer becomes more obvious. ;)

And yes, if you look at individual pieces, they are minor upgrades.

Now: add it all up. It becomes more significant.

Next: add up all the minor upgrades your entire raid can get. More significant. ;)

Actually, just because Gormok is wiping the floor with him, it isn't necessarily his gear. It could be strategy related, or healing related, or cooldown usage related. I am at approximately the same level of gear he is, and although we didn't down the beasts last night, we were able to get to the worms part pretty handily.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Reev)

Griff
10-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Maybe you had similar gear levels, but I suspect not as..uniquely itemized as the OP.

Bashal
10-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Actually, just because Gormok is wiping the floor with him, it isn't necessarily his gear. It could be strategy related, or healing related, or cooldown usage related. I am at approximately the same level of gear he is, and although we didn't down the beasts last night, we were able to get to the worms part pretty handily.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Reev)

I'm not thinking specifically of him, although I wasn't terribly clear about it. It could be his raid as a whole needs more upgrades, and not just him.

Skill is also a factor, which makes when you are ready for something, gear-wise, somewhat variable.

Staypuft
10-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't think the question is 'are you ready' but more so 'is the rest of your raid ready?'

I am in a 10 man guild, we don't raid any 25 mans. We've been running Heroic for about 3 weeks now 1 day a week (stuck at Anub now) and my gear was not as good as yours is when we started Heroic. Is everyone in your raid at about the same 'gear level' as yourself? How long have you been clearing normal?

Heroic, imo, is a lot more about execution and everyone doing their job. One mistake by anyone can cause a wipe/not beating an enrage. So yes gear makes a difference and makes them easier, but only after you've learned the in and outs of the fights.

Does everyone know what they need to do and when? What's your strat for Beasts (Gormok specifically since you mentioned him)? Are you using indestructible pots? What's your taunt rotation? There are some great strats and discussions here at Tankspot on the Heroic mode fights that have helped me alot.

Again, I think the question is 'Is your raid ready?'.