PDA

View Full Version : 25 man toc heroic tank issue

Benihimey
10-06-2009, 09:41 PM
me and my pally ot are having a issue with with getting one shotted
my armory link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Benihimey)

i know my exp and hit are low

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Secus)

and this is pally tank and thank you for commets

Dtain
10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
A wws or wmo would greatly help in determining what is casuing this situation or at least letting us know what is causeing you to get one shot.

I'm going to assume the impale is killing you from goremock, how many stacks are you taking before switching, are you using any raid cooldowns, are you using your cooldowns? Need more info from you before we can fully help.

Benihimey
10-06-2009, 11:21 PM
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pikGBhatAZVbryJB/)

were letting pally run to 3 stacks im taunting going to 3 hes taunting and bop'ing me then i taunt back before empale hits him i got to 3 again then he tanks to death.

were using our own cd's then he is getting some as the boss buff goes up and his empale does

Wilhem
10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I haven't done 25ToGC, but have you considered using three tanks to spread out the impales so neither of you gets to 3 stacks?

Benihimey
10-07-2009, 12:57 PM
using 3 tanks deminishes dps too much

Viridios
10-07-2009, 01:06 PM
using 3 tanks deminishes dps too much

If that's the case, you probably shouldn't be doing this fight. [I don't want to sound elitist here, and fwiw I haven't been in a group that has gotten it down either].

That dot ticks hard. It sounds like you're overstressing your healers to no real effect.

It might even be possible to dump a healer for a tank rather than a DPS; I don't know what setup you have but that's how my guild has been getting things down lately; we have a healer or healers respec or swap.

secus
10-07-2009, 01:36 PM
taunt back before empale hits his empale does

its impale beni

also, the main problem we're having is that the impale dot hits within .2 seconds of the impale ability usually about 50k+ damage in that span of time. What would help us is finding a way to time when the dot hits us so that we don't get simultaneous hits like that.

also, the reason we run only 2 tanks is that we are really tight on dps with everyone up we are barely able to get gormock down as the worms become targetable

Wilhem
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
its impale beni

also, the main problem we're having is that the impale dot hits within .2 seconds of the impale ability usually about 50k+ damage in that span of time. What would help us is finding a way to time when the dot hits us so that we don't get simultaneous hits like that.

also, the reason we run only 2 tanks is that we are really tight on dps with everyone up we are barely able to get gormock down as the worms become targetable

I would say if it is that close perhaps everyone needs a few more upgrades. If everyone gets a little upgrade here and there that'll be a massive raid group upgrade. Perhaps just keep running 25 ToC regular?

felhoof
10-07-2009, 01:57 PM
You need to set up a regular rotation of cooldowns. The impales come at precise 10-second intervals; you and your other tank and all the healers need to understand when they come, what they're going to do for them and how they're going to deal.

Our rotation looks like this:
Impale 1: barkskin
Impale 2: trinkets
Impale 4: taunted off
Impale 6: Trinkets
Impale 8: taunted off, barkskin
Impale 9: Survival Instincts
Impale 10: GS
Impale 11: Taunted off, shield wall ( I get bopped)
Impale 12: last stand, PS
Death of boss: he gets bopped

Make sure demo roar/shout never falls off. Eat indestructible pots. Use as much armor and stamina gear as you can; avoidance is not good here at all.

Risky
10-07-2009, 02:12 PM
We do something similar as well. And as fel said, make sure you're fully geared for stam and armor. Avoidance will not help you on H beasts.

Tank1 = Prot Warr (me)
Tank2 = Feral Druid (my ot)

Impale1-Tank1 Sblock
Impale2-Tank1 trink (20 sec)
Impale3-Tank1 Shield Wall
Impale4-Tank1 HoP'd, Tank2 taunts, Tank1 cancels HoP & taunts back
Impale5-Tank1 Sblock
Impale6-Tank 2 taunts immediately after impale applies
Impale7-Tank 2 trink
Impale8-Tank2 trink
Impale9-Tank2 Shield Wall equiv.
Impale10-Tank2 HoP'd, Tank1 taunts, Tank2 cancels HoP & taunts back