PDA

View Full Version : Blood Threat.

Tayschren
10-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Recently changed servers and made a huge jump in guild progress. REALLY having TPS troubles against some of the mages. What can I do to increase my TPS? I understand hit cap will help, anything else?

Need HALP!

Thanks

Kurtosis
10-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Tried the link in your 'WoW Characters' dropdown, but getting an error loading your profile, both on the WoW Armory and Wow-heroes. Is everything specified correctly? Can you link your armory?

Tayschren
10-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Tried the link in your 'WoW Characters' dropdown, but getting an error loading your profile, both on the WoW Armory and Wow-heroes. Is everything specified correctly? Can you link your armory?
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&n=Tayschren)

Just Xferred... might have something to do with it.

Kurtosis
10-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Yup that was it, your dropdown link was pointing to Proudmore server.

I don't see anything that really sticks out w/ your spec or glyphs, any changes you make there could only improve your threat just marginally, or hurt it.

But you logged out in dps gear. Do you have the 2pc Conquerer's set bonus (http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=-84) that increases Rune Strike dmg by 10%?

How about the 2pc Koltira set bonus (http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=874) that increases Blood and Heart Strike dmg by 5% and reduces Dark Command cd by 2s?

Have your hands enchanted with Armsman (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=44625)?

That's about all I can think of. It's either a gear or rotation problem, or your mages just outgear you too much, or perhaps they didn't spec into threat-reduction talents and your rl needs to ask them to do that.

Tayschren
10-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Ah my bad lol - yeah I have the RS glyph as well as the 2 pc bonus.

The mages outgear me significantly. They put out about 15k DPS on twin valks. They are also both arcane

I use IT, PS, DS, HS HS dump HS HS HS HS IT PS repeated

and yes, I have the 2% increased threat.

Keleher
10-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Well like you said yourself being hit capped dous help alot, and when you saying that mages are the problem im guessing that mobs and other aoe fights is where the problem comes.
As you may know blood tanks have lowest multi target tps of all tree specs but that dous not mean that it can not work, you simply have too move a few point around.

i would maybe remove the one point you have necrosis as it dous almost nothing to you tps whats sow ever and then take the 2points in subversion and epidemic and then use all the 5points too fill out Black Ice. and finally get glyph of dnd and put in insteed of the death strike one, yes it dous take away some of you single target tps but if your dodge and perry is good you will be spaming rune strike(have it macro too all strikes ofc) anyway and you can still use dnd when ever its up.

now what Black ice dous is increasing the damage of all your spells and diseases and if you keep you both Frost fever and blood plague up all the time and combined it with dnd and a few blood boils your multi target tps will get a mayor boost.

now here is a few tips and trick:

Many dk tank pull with dnd can in most cases it works just fine but if your aoe dps in the raid is high it can easily be outdone, but if you tell your dps too wait a few sec and pull with icy touch then plague strike, pestilence and then dnd all will hit the target ad the same time giving you a huge damage output and now you the the dps can start the nuke, sow too breake it down: IT,PS,Pest,DnD,BT and then BB, and now your rune will be up again and you can start you normal rotation, i then too have my dps´s start the sec i cast DnD in toher word thats there GO! and all the takes is 1-3sec more then normal, and if you lose a target you have dark command and DG too get them back ;)

Now about the 1-3sec this may sound stupit but its no different then the exstra time a warrior gain from his or her charge ;)

Sadly alot of bad tanking comes from having unawere or "stupid" dps who thinks that there only job is too kill stuff fast and it the first person too say the word noob is often a dps who themselfs have alot too learn, they will ofthen be too ones attacking the last target on the "kill list" and when pulling aggro run away from the tank and leaving the tank no other option then too run after them, and im gonna stop myself here or this will go on and on :P

Hope you work it out for the best :)

Kurtosis
10-07-2009, 01:10 AM
The mages outgear me significantly. They put out about 15k DPS on twin valks. They are also both arcane
I assumed you meant the problem was on single targets, is that the case?

And did you armory the mages and make sure they both have 2/2 Arcane Subtlety (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=12592)? If not, you should probably chat w/ your rl about getting them to spec it. Otherwise it seems they're just gonna have to install Omen and govern their dps to keep it below your threat cap.

Do any other tanks in your guild have this problem too?

Tayschren
10-07-2009, 06:40 AM
I assumed you meant the problem was on single targets, is that the case?

And did you armory the mages and make sure they both have 2/2 Arcane Subtlety (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=12592)? If not, you should probably chat w/ your rl about getting them to spec it. Otherwise it seems they're just gonna have to install Omen and govern their dps to keep it below your threat cap.

Do any other tanks in your guild have this problem too?

Yes it is not just me lol. I dont think respeccing is an option, however :P

EDIT: They do have subtlety - just insane TPS and damage :\

Kurtosis
10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Sounds like the mages are just gonna have to govern their threat until the tanks can close the gear gap. Maybe somebody who's been in this situation before too might have a suggestion, but that's about all I can think of.

Tayschren
10-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Sounds like the mages are just gonna have to govern their threat until the tanks can close the gear gap. Maybe somebody who's been in this situation before too might have a suggestion, but that's about all I can think of.

Thats what I think too... but when your doing ToGC hardmodes, its hard to hold up. I am just really worried because I will be dropping my t8 2pc.... thats going to hurt my threat.

EDIT: This is a meter of twin valks normal last night. WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/detail/225197757#threat)

starsixer
10-08-2009, 03:27 PM
These are my suggestions for your spec. Change the 3 points from Morbidity to Virulence, I would also take 1 point out of necrosis and the 2 points in subversion and stick them into sudden doom.

Macro Rune Strike to your abilities.
Your rotation should be something along the lines of
IT PS DS HS HS DS HS HS HS HS

Don't be afraid to call out for a pally to use salvation on someone.

Kurtosis
10-09-2009, 01:54 AM
I would also take 1 point out of necrosis and the 2 points in subversion and stick them into sudden doom.
I don't know about that. Look at his combat log. 0.4% of his threat came from Death Coil, while 15% came from Heart Strike and 2.1% came from Necrosis. Buffing the weakest threat producer at the expense of the 2nd strongest one (after Rune Strike at a whopping 46%) and completely dropping another one that's 4x stronger? Just b/c a talent is further into a tree doesn't mean it's better. Probably worth testing on target dummies though.

Additionally, the nice thing about relying primarly on strikes for threat, instead of spells, is you can stop gemming/specc'ing for hit at 8%, don't have to try for 17% spell hit cap, and can add Armor Pen instead (as Blood at least).

Tay, are you OT or MT? If you can afford to give up some AoE, try changing 3/3 Morbidity to 3/3 Ravenous Dead, for extra 3% strength. 1Str = 2AP which buffs everything - strikes, autoattacks, spells, and diseases. Also gives you a little extra parry.