PDA

View Full Version : Protection warrior rotation help.

theidealist
10-06-2009, 02:49 PM
I am enjoying my protect spec more and more. i am now enjoying tanking, but my dps i feel is too low, barely going above 1k sometimes.
which is the best rotation for a protection warrior, to get the highest DPS?
My tree is here : The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Theidealist&gn=Extreme+Cruelty)

krc
10-06-2009, 05:14 PM
For threat the best prot warrior rotation is Shield Slam>Devastate. If you want to do more damage as a prot warrior the priority is Shield Slam>Shockwave>Concussion Blow>Revenge>Devastate.

WarTotem has a pretty good spread sheet it on warrior threat http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/55633-complete-protection-warrior-dps-tps-spreadsheet.html that can help you maximize your threat or dps wether it be through gear or spec.

luv2tank
10-07-2009, 12:09 AM
you seemed to be more spec'd into survival over threat/dps, however, krc has pretty much the right thing here. As of recent i didnt spam HS at all, barely used it-make it your friend when you have constant rage. My dps was around 1.7 single target most of the time, now that i spam HS w/ full rage bar its almost 2.3k dps along w/ some additional threat.

Demianu27
10-07-2009, 12:27 AM
You're going to need to mess with your talents. You're missing some key talents you need for warrior tanking.

Gag order is a must have.

Get rid of Booming Voice, Commanding Presence, and Improved Demo. Those are only good for doing 5 mans when you don't have another warrior to do the shouts for you.

Unforgivein
10-07-2009, 07:53 AM
why do you care if your tank has good dps? that means nothing.

EDIT: Oh I didn't see if your were duel spec.

MellvarTank
10-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah, in prot spec you can pretty much tank, and you should never be doing more dps than any dps class. If you want to do DPS in a raid, get a DPS spec dual spec'd. Prot spec warriors cannot keep up with the other tanking classes for damage, but they can keep up with threat on a raid.

krc
10-07-2009, 01:39 PM
why do you care if your tank has good dps? that means nothing.

Think about it, I will use Ulduar hard modes as an example, say you are doing Heartbreaker, the most important thing isn't tank survival and threat its dps and how is having a tank that does 400 more dps than the other tank any different than bringing one dps over another because one does 400 more dps than the other. Extra dps is extra dps wether it is from the tank or not.

For ToC heroic it is a whole different story, the damage is completely increased making it so the tank can't completely overgear the fight making dps the main concern.