PDA

View Full Version : Barely broke 5k on ToGC 25 Beasts

Papapaint
10-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal'Ganis&n=Drypaint)

I am fairly sure I have my rotation down properly, although I think I'm a little too jumpy with my Heroic Strike. Was it possible I was missing a buff, or am I performing at/near my gear level?

Destruyen
10-06-2009, 09:35 AM
nothing wrong with that i think. fury uses ww as a main dps ability, and when you are on snobolds, ww doesnt hit them since its an aoe attack and snobolds cant be hit by aoe.

my only suggestion is try dropping all that hit for something else, and you are using 3 purple gems when you only need 2 for meta activation.

Papapaint
10-06-2009, 09:38 AM
nothing wrong with that i think. fury uses ww as a main dps ability, and when you are on snobolds, ww doesnt hit them since its an aoe attack and snobolds cant be hit by aoe.

my only suggestion is try dropping all that hit for something else, and you are using 3 purple gems when you only need 2 for meta activation.

I've been working on dropping hit, but this was my offspec up until a week ago, and until I get more DKP in my new guild, I won't be able to drop all too much hit. Also, I needed that third purple gem to get to that expertise cap, and it seemed better to have +50 AP on bracers than a 20 str gem. Can someone confirm/deny this for me?

Papapaint
10-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Also, would it be possible for me to keep the level of hit I have now, but drop precision to pick up some other talents? Rather, would I see any dps increase from other talents?

Destruyen
10-06-2009, 09:44 AM
precision in my opinion is a must-have talent for fury. it's a free 3% hit and melee white swings will usually be your number one dmg ability (not to mention steady rage gen).

i would actually switch metas if i were you to the 21agi/3% crit dmg meta. only needs one blue, yellow and red gem to activate. that means you can replace two 10exp/15stam gems with 20exp and add a +10 stats nightmare tear in your gear to count as the yellow (or 10str/10crit whichever you prefer).

Papapaint
10-06-2009, 09:47 AM
precision in my opinion is a must-have talent for fury. it's a free 3% hit and melee white swings will usually be your number one dmg ability (not to mention steady rage gen).

i would actually switch metas if i were you to the 21agi/3% crit dmg meta. only needs one blue, yellow and red gem to activate. that means you can replace two 10exp/15stam gems with 20exp and add a +10 stats nightmare tear in your gear to count as the yellow (or 10str/10crit whichever you prefer).

I appreciate the advice so far, and I hope I'm not asking too many questions of you.

Would it be a dps loss to go below the expertise cap and then use the rhinolicious wormsteaks to get to the cap? That would allow me to go 100% strength gemming (plus the +10 stats) with the new meta.

Destruyen
10-06-2009, 09:55 AM
you can either get 40 expertise from gemming or food, or 40 str from gemming or food. it doesnt matter where it comes from as long as it comes from somewhere.

me personally, i would gem for a certain cap like hit or expertise if i needed to so i wouldnt have to rely on a food buff to hit a cap (battle rezzed mid-fight or can eat a feast on farm boss nights and not have to use a more expensive food).

Papapaint
10-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for helping me brainstorm this out. Hopefully I can start working my way closer to 6k.