PDA

View Full Version : Mit/Avoid Advice

millie153
10-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Hiya, recently ive gotten back into the prot warrior game for the first time since TBC and after running a few heroics with a few too many wipes and with the only common denominator being me i thought it might be a good time to check to see if im gearing right.
Wowarmory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath%27Remar&n=Ingalf)
I dont have a problem with keeping threat but more with just staying alive, i havnt tanked anything past a few heroics. I know my gear isnt the best but i was just wondering past upgrades, what stats i should be stacking more or less of.
Thanks in advanced. :)

drae
10-06-2009, 05:37 AM
1. Don't socket for parry.
2. Change the strength gem in your gloves to stam or dodge / stam. The socket bonus' doesn't really matter.
3. You need a 2nd tanking ring. Mark of the Relentless from Heroic ToC is nice.
4. Get a tanking ranged, either the engineering rifle, or there's a few quest pieces our there worth it. (throwing weapons iirc)

Reev
10-06-2009, 07:02 AM
You're looking pretty good for heroics in my opinion. Your avoidance is kind of on the low side, but you do have a ton of stamina and you're defense capped. That low avoidance means you'll be taking spike damage fairly often due to mobs getting more back-to-back swings connecting with you. If you're dying a lot in heroics, it's probably either because you're turning your back to the mobs, or "standing in the fire" or you healers just kind of suck. Also, Heroic ToC might be a little difficult for you, but certainly doable.