PDA

View Full Version : Druid 10Totgc tanking.

Auyina
10-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Hi guys.
My wow armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thaurissan&n=Auyina)

Currently i'm tanking 10 totc / 25 totc and 10 totgc for my guild . For totc 10 and 25 totc we have no problems.But for 10 totgc i have problems because i feel that the boss is hitting too hard and sometimes tanks die.Usually the other warrior tank will taunt off me at 3 stacks on first totgc boss.

Thanks in advance, hope to see some help on how to improve

Genova
10-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Your gear seems alright, I would however change your gems around a bit. You still have a few blue quality gems and some weird gem combination's. DEF + STAM in your head? If you are going for the socket bonus on that, you would most likely get more benefit from a hit stam in the long run for the bit of extra hit rating.

Drop the 8 dodge rating and 8 defense rating gem and replace with a solid stam one. With upgrading your gems to epic. Here is what you could get

Upgrade all gems to epic and replace Shoulders and weapon with solid stams. You would have 87 more stamina which would give you more health. Dont gem for hit on your gear if you are trying to stay alive. If you die because you dont have the health/avoidance, it isnt going to matter if your DPS pulls off you... your dead.

felhoof
10-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Aside from getting better gems - which seriously, will give you almost 1500 more health - you should also get feral aggression and make sure demo roar is up all the time on him. Drop imp mangle and brutal impact.

Also, have a rotation for cooldowns if you can. You say you're the second tank and you're doing it after 3 stacks, so your CD rotation should look something like this:

impale 4: trinkets
impale 5: barkskin
impale 6: get taunted off

impale 9: taunt, frenzied regen
impale 10: survival instincts
impale 11: barkskin

Auyina
10-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks guys . got our help . was thinking of gemming epic gem only for level 245 items . or should i just gem every gear with epic gem?

Auyina
10-06-2009, 12:30 AM
also with more snobolds up . the boss is hitting harder. should we leave melee and non casters with snobolds . or kill them?

Viridios
10-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys . got our help . was thinking of gemming epic gem only for level 245 items . or should i just gem every gear with epic gem?

Gem them all, period. Main spec and any off specs you use.

Unless server differences are much larger than I think - Epic gems aren't hard to obtain. If you have a JC, do the daily daily, and get Titanium as much as you can. Do heroics, daily if possible but if not run a bunch on the weekends. Do WG/AV for honor. Get alchemists to transmute for you. Do dailies and buy them. It's just not that hard to get gems these days, and this is coming from someone that generally considers dailies and heroics to be nothing more than a pain in the ass.

felhoof
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
also with more snobolds up . the boss is hitting harder. should we leave melee and non casters with snobolds . or kill themWe prioritize killing snobolds on healers, then casters, and tend to leave melee ones alone. The snobolds aren't the thing that makes the boss hit harder; throwing the snobolds is. The danger of snobolds is that they'll stun whoever they're on, which can be deadly if they hit a healer.

Viridios
10-07-2009, 01:08 PM
We prioritize killing snobolds on healers, then casters, and tend to leave melee ones alone. The snobolds aren't the thing that makes the boss hit harder; throwing the snobolds is. The danger of snobolds is that they'll stun whoever they're on, which can be deadly if they hit a healer.

I'd guess that melee ones probably die due to incidental AoE in any case [Divine Storm, Swipe, etc]

felhoof
10-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Nope. Snobolds never get hit by AoE. They only are damaged by targeted attacks. However, you can target them and then cleave the boss.

We found that it wasn't that important, and we'd just clean the ones up on melee between Gormok and the worms. We really hope for ones on the melee; we typically will go to 11 impales if we get lucky and they land more on the melee, but 12 or 13 impales if they land on the ranged or healers.

Insahnity
10-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I've gotten snobolds as tank, it's not fun if they stun. I usually Maul/sWipe them (while hitting Gormokk) and then keep up others (lacerate, mangle, etc.) on Gormokk himself. Same goes as a paladin (Avenger's shield, HotR, etc.), Cleave for warriors, Heart Strike for Blood DKs, etc.

The key idea is that I do target them, but only with multi-target hard hitters, and be sure to be within Maul/HotR/Cleave/Heart Strike/etc. of gormokk or you are going about it the wrong way and endangering the raid.

owlcapwn
10-07-2009, 07:25 PM
for 10 man togc you only have to go 2 stacks each that should make it alot easier than if yall are taking 3 each

Auyina
10-08-2009, 11:34 AM
so its good to leave melee with snobolds? so we can save the dps for the boss?

Viridios
10-08-2009, 02:36 PM
for 10 man togc you only have to go 2 stacks each that should make it alot easier than if yall are taking 3 each

Our strat - we haven't killed him yet - is to have the first tank take 4 stacks, 2nd tank taunt, healer bubbles first tank. Second tank takes 3 stacks, 3rd tank taunts, second tank bubbled. Third tank takes 3 stacks, first tank taunts, third tank is bubbled.

Seems to work moderately well, as long as the healers are on the ball and no nasty hit strings get through. Of course, we have yet to have our DPS kill him in time to get him dead in enough time for the worms to be picked up reliably.

felhoof
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
The stacks fall off naturally at 3 stacks. So as long as your rotation is every three impales , there's no problem. (this is on 10-man).

Viridios, are you doing 3 tanks on 10-man? That would be your problem if you are; you don't have the dps to do it. Cut out a tank there and rotate every 3 impales , and use cooldowns after the first full rotation (at the 7th and later impales).

Auyina
10-15-2009, 10:51 AM
currently im tanking 25man totgc with a warrior and a pally . not sure if it is the healers problem or the tanks problem because me(druid tank) and the warrior tank hp is dropping quite fast . should we get blood draining enchant? or mongoose

felhoof
10-15-2009, 11:40 AM
It's not anyone's problem; Gormok hits really, really hard. You need to use cooldowns, make sure you call out tank switches, and coordinate when you use the cooldowns so you survive. Being a bear or warrior or ninja tank of awesome doesn't really have anything to do with it. Gormok's just really diesel.

Blood Draining might make a small difference, but I'd probably go with mongoose.

Auyina
10-15-2009, 12:22 PM
yeah gormok hit really hard . is blood draining > mongoose over hardmode tanking or both balance

felhoof
10-15-2009, 12:31 PM
If you absolutely cannot fathom how you're dying and need to squeeze every possible last benefit you can - chances are that Blood Draining is what you want.

If you're dying because you're being overkilled by 20,000, Mongoose is going to save you a lot more often than Blood Draining will (which is to say, it won't ever save you).

The problem isn't the enchant, any more than Tuskarr's Vitality will make a difference over Fortitude here. The problem is how you're dealing with the encounter.

Auyina
10-15-2009, 01:36 PM
looking at the addon that my guildmates have the boss is like killing me with 24k hit

Auyina
10-15-2009, 02:21 PM
currently my tanking gear looks like The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thaurissan&n=Auyina) . my dodge is kinda low at 28%++ should i stay with +30 stam gems or gem some agility or dodge